Yokomo GT-4???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo GT-4???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Ah10...are you going to Crystal Park again this comming weekend?? Let me know....I'll bring the motor to show you...it's pretty hot...maybe just my imagination but it goes berzerk mid to top end!!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Not sure exactly what springs but be sure to pick up a set of GT4 springs. You'll need a wide selection of springs when you start fine tuning. For shockoil, believes it comes with 30WT as my GT4W did. Don't bother with it. Get some 40WT, 50WT, 60WT, and 70WT. I remember you saying you run on a small track so I don't think you'll go past 70WT.

As for diff lube, since you run on a small track (not sure how small), pick up some Yokomo Medium grease, Mugen 50,000 and 30,000. Always go thicker up front. Either 50k front and 30k rear is good for really tight track. For something a bit bigger and higher traction, go for Yok Medium grease up front (equivalent to Mugen 100,000) and 50k in rear.

Again, you will need to fine tune the car to your track. Make sure you get the correct tires that the fast guys are running. They make up for most of the handling.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dan
Not sure exactly what springs but be sure to pick up a set of GT4 springs. You'll need a wide selection of springs when you start fine tuning. For shockoil, believes it comes with 30WT as my GT4W did. Don't bother with it. Get some 40WT, 50WT, 60WT, and 70WT. I remember you saying you run on a small track so I don't think you'll go past 70WT.

As for diff lube, since you run on a small track (not sure how small), pick up some Yokomo Medium grease, Mugen 50,000 and 30,000. Always go thicker up front. Either 50k front and 30k rear is good for really tight track. For something a bit bigger and higher traction, go for Yok Medium grease up front (equivalent to Mugen 100,000) and 50k in rear.

Again, you will need to fine tune the car to your track. Make sure you get the correct tires that the fast guys are running. They make up for most of the handling.

Ehhh? 30K in the rear? Your car swapping ends at Delta?
Old 02-05-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default gt4 set up

thanks dan for the info....
Old 02-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Ehhh? 30K in the rear? Your car swapping ends at Delta?
Not really but I felt it could have gripped better (running foams!) I was running high speed track setup. Running diff lock in front and Mugen 100k in the rear with some pretty stiff springs. Can we say no steering at Delta?! Very stable along the long straight before turning into the infield but couldn't maneuver fast enough through the small and tight S turns so had to take it slow and scrubbed off too much speed.

If I run gear diffs next time, it will be Yok Medium lube up front and 50K rear along with softer springs. But I want to see how a try with front one way/solid rear axle combo goes first...

BTW, how was your Kawahara neg diff? Is it all its cracked up to be? I've been hearing other things...
Old 02-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Cool Kawahara neg diff???

Hey All

What is this for Front/Rear(Kawahara neg diff)??? Is there a Website that has any info???

Thinking about getting some Diffs for my GT4R...

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 02-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I am trying to figure out the best way to mount my reciever. It's the Futaba receiver that comes with the 3PJS (R113iP). It's not as small as most receivers, but it's a reasonable size. Anyway, here is my dilemma; the newer J type Futaba receiver/servo plugs come straight out of the receiver (not at a 90 degree angle like the older receivers), so on the GT-4R, the wires have to make a 90 degree turn right at the connector. It looks like there is only a few mm of clearance between the wiring and the ground. I am concerned about the wiring being eaten up by contacting the ground, so I thought about mounting the receiver on its side. If I do that, however, the side of the receiver is almost level with the bottom of the chassis. Again, I am concerned about the receiver case contacting the ground.

Any ideas/suggestions??
Old 02-06-2002, 02:54 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

bgotori- They don't make a neg diff for the GT4.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Billy, got pics? Kind of hard to try to elaborate what you're trying to say...

BTW, keep an eye out for your mailbox. You should be getting those engine mounts from me by tomorrow or Friday.

I'm still waiting for my turnbuckles...
Old 02-06-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

You will get your turnbuckles, don't worry! I am going to package them up tonight for you. Along with some rod ends.

Let me take a picture of what I am talking about, and I will try to post it. I don't have a picture server, so hopefully you can attach pictures to the thread!
Old 02-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Here's one.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo GT-4???-receiver1.jpg  
Old 02-06-2002, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Here's another. See how I have the receiver mounted? It's sideways compared to the stock mounting position.

The chassis is sitting on my setup board, and you can see how close the receiver gets to the setup board with the chassis sitting directly on it. The receiver doesn't touch the setup board (I can slide a very thin piece of cardboard underneath it), but I wonder if it will contact the ground if the chassis bottoms out.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo GT-4???-receiver2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Another side shot.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo GT-4???-receiver3.jpg  
Old 02-06-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

One last one.

Thanks for the bandwidth!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo GT-4???-receiver4.jpg  
Old 02-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Hmm...how about bunching up the wires with small zipties and placing a line of them between the throttle servo and RX pack?

Not sure what to do but I currently run a Penguin Deck and just wrap the wires up and down the two zipties that hold the RX pack and then plug it straight to the receiver so there's less wire run and none comes in contact with the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.