Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
No fuel going to LAmberto Collari engine (pics) >

No fuel going to LAmberto Collari engine (pics)

No fuel going to LAmberto Collari engine (pics)

Old 12-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default No fuel going to LAmberto Collari engine (pics)

FOr some reason this thing wont turn over. I have the needle pretty opened up. I tried putting my finger over the exhaust port several times to prime. Any ideas? Is my setup hampering it? Are their different fuel lines. this one seems pretty thick.perhaps this one is not letting the fuel go through? like trying to suck a thick shake through a kids straw

Old 12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe your needles are too opened and it is flooded. Also make sure your ingniter is good and the plug is good. Make sure you started box is turning the correct way or it will never start.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

starter box is going clockwise which is spinning the flywheel counter clockwise. I have adjusted the needle in all directions and changed the plug....igniter is getting the plug to glow....i amgetting depressed....when i pour gas in the carboreuter it kicks on and boy does this engind sound sweet
Old 12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Well you have answered some of your own question. You problem is getting fuel to the carb. check you pipe. that one looks new. try an old one. Maybe the pipe is no good. It can happen.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

try pulling the fuel line off from the carb and try blowing through it if you can't get any air to go into the tank try another piece of fuel line if that still doesn't work then you might have a bad fuel tank or a clogged filter in the bottom of the tank not sure that this will help you but it won't cost you anything to try it looks as if the car is new so it could be a defective tank good luck
Old 12-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah brand spanking new...except sitting in the garage half built for 7 months
Old 12-17-2006, 07:53 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I agree with gomer3245 you have a fuel delivery problem sounds like something wrong with the tank also make sure the o ring on the tank lid is good.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

-Are you positive crank is turning over with flywheel on the box? (Ie. loose flywheel) If motor has compression and pipe is not plugged you should be able to draw fuel to carb. Have any clear fuel line so you can see fuel move?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

i blew into the tube and it looks like the fuel filter is not clogged. The line is somewhat red but I would be able to see if fluid came through.....I opened theneedle almost where it was about to fall out and still nothing...very weird
the flywheel turns although every 180 degrees it gets real stiff. It will start with fuel in the carb....
Old 12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

have you tried blowing the fuel line from the pipe ? , if you blow into the fuel line going into the tank, you should push the fuel into the carb. you should see it flow through the line and even take of the line at the carb. if you have turned the nipple from the carb to route the fuel line make sure there is nothing inside it to restrict the fuel flow. cheers, hope it helps you out.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

..Is it completely locking up after the 180 deg. ("it won't turn over")? If so, you are either putting too much fuel into it (hydraulic lock), or it is pinched too tight. I will usually drop some synthetic 2 stroke oil into the carb and cylinder head on initial start up (break in). This helps free up the pinch a bit. If you have a heat gun, use this to bring up the temp before starting, as it will also loosen up the 'pinch'. If it is hydraulic locking, take out the plug and turn it upside down. You should see a fair amount of fuel pour out.

Again, this is only if your engine truly won't turn over.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Try it in the following order:

1. Take the engine out and turn over the flywheel with hand. This will loosen it up a bit.
2. Put the engine in the car and take the glow plug off. Turn it over with starter box and loosen it up.
3. Screw the plug on but not all the way, start it on starter box with glow starter. Once it starts keep idle up and rev it while you tighten up the plug
4. If all fail then you will have to use a heat gun. Make sure you don't melt the plastic bits on your car (things like fuel tank).

Once the engine has a bit of heat, it should start eaisier. Don't use afterrun or oil when the engine is on starter box. Oil does lube but also creates a seal which will lock up the engine worse.

Last thing to watch out for is your chassis. NTC3 has one of the weakest chassis on the market (stamped). Don't jam it on starter box too hard or it will tweak the chassis.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

did you break in the motor ?try closing the high speed and low speed needle and open it three full turns..