Community
Wiki Posts
Search

drivers stand etiquette - pt. 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wayne
OK heres one for you guys, I was racing and believed myself to be one of the slower guys, they gridded the cars and one bogged on start, so got left behind, like 3rd corner this guy lines me up when I hugged the corner and was on the inside of the track, and as such was going slower as I drove out he apexed it and turned into me belting me in the rear, I turned and smacked into another car taking the two of us out, I just walked away quite disgusted at that display to be honest, did I do something wrong, the way it looked to me he turned into me on the back straight, maybe you had to be there, what should I have done?
That's not exactly the same as the topic, but I'll comment anyway. A good driver can be fast and still avoid causing a collision especially when a slower driver is holding his/her line and not going all over the track.

Good racers will pass you if they are faster and won't hit you. It's only bad drivers that hit people. Just hold your line and they will get around you. if they can't then they are not that great. Generally there's 2 ways to handle it when you are slower than other racers. First way is to move out of the way when you see them comming. Give them the preferred line and then continue after they safely pass. If you are not comfortable with this then the second way is to simply hold a smooth, steady line and pace and allow them room to make a clean pass.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Thats called "getting punted" in RC racing slang. That was all on him. He basicaly used you as a brake at his apex. Thats usualy the only was someone can hit you that hard the far into a corner. It happens a lot in the rookie and sometimes in the sportsman class. A good race director will call a stop and go penalty on the guy. Also, a good racer will wait for you and continue behind after you get going again. Guys that use this manuver a lot are generaly labeled as "hacks". I watched a friend race once who is a good driver. He got punted at the end of the straight and the guy kept going and passed him. He (my friend) passed the "hack" back up 2 turns later. Back onto the straight and the "hack" is just behind my friend. At the end of the stretch, my friend sets up for the turn by braking and turning in, and mr "hack" is comming in full speed, straight into the apex aiming for him again. My friend sees this and slams on the brakes. "hack" shoots past at full speed, overshoots the corner and slams into the boards breaking his car into little pieces. The "hack" then starts yelling that my friends stopping like that caused him to miss judge the corner and break his car. Oh man, we couldn't stop laughing. Sometimes the universe is in balance and things work as they shoud.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

most slow drivers after they get lapped, try to undercut you on the next corner, if they acheive this they think, "fk yeah see that i am faster than you", but then they dont realise by doing such a move they lose speed for the next 2 or so corners.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Etiquette

Sorry guys.. just have to bring this topic up in the thread.. we are mostly newbies in rc racing... and we need much opinion on how to act during rc racing... cheers...