Search

Rcmushroom

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Rcmushroom

Hi Guys

I have been dealing with them on / off over the years. Just tried to make a purchase and pay via PayPal. My account was debited and now they have refunded it and send me an email requesting payment via credit card. But they want a copy of the front and back of my CC and the address details on my CC statement.

I have never had to do this before, but i am reluctant to give these details to anyone let alone an overseas company.

All this with Mugen Japan stopping supply to HK online stores and it is looking more an more likely you have to deal with the LHS.

BB
Old 12-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you will be ok trust me

A main Hobbies asked for the same thing just about a week ago its so people cant buy with stolen CC or stolen CC details it just security for them so they dont send out products then get the cc charges reversed and not get there product back bit like the paypal scams these days the buyer buys some thing once they receive it they file a disput and get there money back while the seller bends over and gets ass raped
Old 12-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Bundy, that store cant make up there minds. They did that to me earlier in the year and it cost me US$50 in paypal fees cause of the refund, but mushroom were good about it and took the paypal fee off the price of the items and i just ended up paying with the credit card no probs.

But just two weeks ago sent them an email before ordering and they said i could use paypal again, so i did and no problems.

Anyway when i used the credit card i just used the digital camera took pictures of the card and emailed the pics to mushroom, all the happened was the bank rang me first before they let the payment through.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pramac
Hey Bundy, that store cant make up there minds. They did that to me earlier in the year and it cost me US$50 in paypal fees cause of the refund, but mushroom were good about it and took the paypal fee off the price of the items and i just ended up paying with the credit card no probs.

But just two weeks ago sent them an email before ordering and they said i could use paypal again, so i did and no problems.

Anyway when i used the credit card i just used the digital camera took pictures of the card and emailed the pics to mushroom, all the happened was the bank rang me first before they let the payment through.
Thanks Pramac... I have emailed them to find out WTF. It isn't like it is the first time i dealt with them before. Just out of interest what does RC Champ do?

BB
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Guys

I have been dealing with them on / off over the years. Just tried to make a purchase and pay via PayPal. My account was debited and now they have refunded it and send me an email requesting payment via credit card. But they want a copy of the front and back of my CC and the address details on my CC statement.

I have never had to do this before, but i am reluctant to give these details to anyone let alone an overseas company.

All this with Mugen Japan stopping supply to HK online stores and it is looking more an more likely you have to deal with the LHS.

BB
please check your PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

i purchased a car from RC mushroom about 4 months ago and they asked for the same information.

i, too, was reluctant to provide all security information for my CC, but in the end my desire to play with little cars won and i sent the info over as requested.

so far, i have not seen any scamming going on regarding that card, and i keep a close watch on it.

you should be ok, RC 'shroom seems to be legit.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've only ever paid through paypal for stuff from RC-Champ, they do add 4%-5% extra when you use paypal but it still works out heap cheaper than the hong kong online stores.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Pramac... I have emailed them to find out WTF. It isn't like it is the first time i dealt with them before. Just out of interest what does RC Champ do?

BB
bundy bear: no worries they also did that same thing to me also with RC Champ but our only difference is your country have paypal account while ours has none so i have to pay via my mastercard and visa been ordering with RC Mushroom for more than 2 years now and no problem whatso ever same thing with RC Champ
Old 12-12-2006, 11:42 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

me to no problem at all.fast shipping.but they dont put my order in a box so the box of my servo almost crashed..
Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dont know guys, someone can use all that info to steal from you. If you have all the info from a CC you can just call up any store and buy anything, think about it.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ordered from Rcmushroom for quite some time now. The asked for the same thing. They can be trusted. No doubt about that.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I dont know guys, someone can use all that info to steal from you. If you have all the info from a CC you can just call up any store and buy anything, think about it.
Nitrodude:

That is how i fell about it as well. Rc-Mushroom might be ok as some of you have already said, but i am not interesting in risking it. I did get an email from mushy and they told me it was because the order was a high amount that they want to do it this way.

Anyway i can't do anything yet, as Paypal haven't returned the funds to my CC yet

BB
Old 12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Nitrodude:

That is how i fell about it as well. Rc-Mushroom might be ok as some of you have already said, but i am not interesting in risking it. I did get an email from mushy and they told me it was because the order was a high amount that they want to do it this way.

Anyway i can't do anything yet, as Paypal haven't returned the funds to my CC yet

BB
Usually this is the case. Oversea shopping might save a few bucks but you get the hassle. May I ask what are you trying to get? Many shops seem to have very good price around this time, like speedtech, rc-toro.com....
Old 12-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Suspended

what if you don't have a credit card, i never have and will never own one
Old 12-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there any way that I can view RC Champ in English,
Thanks