Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
The first hybrid RC car in the world(I think)!! Not Toyota Prius!!! >

The first hybrid RC car in the world(I think)!! Not Toyota Prius!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The first hybrid RC car in the world(I think)!! Not Toyota Prius!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile The first hybrid RC car in the world(I think)!! Not Toyota Prius!!!

Here is the new project...

I know everybody is getting tired of paying for your nitro fuel. Since gas prices have gone up so high, we never know when the nitro fuel is going up high as well right?

Well, hopefully this project is going to be our solution.

This is not only for fuel consumption, but we know that while in the race so many people are getting their nitrol engine stalled by empty fuel, heat, lean/rich mixture or the engine could simply blow up during the race. This system should solve those problems as well. If nitro engine is dead, just run with electric motor.

As for now, it seems very hard for an RC car...seems like it need a computer to manage this whole thing
It will most likely be a straight hybrid rather than parallel. It's just easier that way.
The car should charge the battery while the gas engine is running, but as for now, this is very tentative.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

so you're carrying around a bunch of extra weight just in case you run out of fuel? Sorry but I don't see this being useful other than to say that you did it.