Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Looking to get a new .21 on road engine, your thoughts? >

Looking to get a new .21 on road engine, your thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to get a new .21 on road engine, your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I saw another post from someone that said that the C6 RB engines wear out fast. Anyone else have the same issues with the C6?

I was told by Brooklyn Hobbies that the piston keeps getting scores in it by the exhaust port on the 35 plus Novarossi engines. Anyone have the same happen to them?

I have been racing R/C for twenty years, I can handle the power.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
if you want the best forget the rest and by that I mean this

1/8" On Road - 35Plus21 LC Limited Edition.

First of all, the powerful 35Plus21 engine is involved with further modification and improvement thanks to a long & tight collaboration (more than a year), between Novarossi and 7 times 1/8" On Road world champion Lamberto Collari.
The engine will be provided in a thoroughly studied packaging suitable to contain, in addition to the engine, pipe, glow plugs, manifold and silicones.
High quality product realised thanks to a modern technology,
the 35PLUS21 LC is especially planned to meet fussy customers requirements. It is also inteded for those drivers looking for performance by mean of a quality, a reliable and powerful engine.
This new engine result of a continuous research and assiduous tests held by Lamberto Collari on various National and International tracks is covered by 7 international patents.
The first batches delivery is for the end of October 2006.

What is the cost on this package?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

over $750.00
Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Got the grip
you could find a few nice onroad engines for sell from me. :nod
:
I have a JP Modified Rex PR21Ro1Wc with only 4 tanks of fuel threw it & If you would like to spend more than $450.00 .

I also have a NEW JP-Modified Novarossi 35plus21 it simply the quickest Engine out there .
What are you selling the 35plus for $$$ ?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

NEW Jp-35plus21 .I payed $750.00 for it .I will let it go for $620.00 shipped.
Used JP-rex-pr21-R1wc 4 tanks threw it. LIKE NEW $320.00 shipped.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:06 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
I saw another post from someone that said that the C6 RB engines wear out fast. Anyone else have the same issues with the C6?
The C6 is Novarossi based, the Matrix line is Sirio based......

I was told by Brooklyn Hobbies that the piston keeps getting scores in it by the exhaust port on the 35 plus Novarossi engines. Anyone have the same happen to them?
There goes your longlasting......
Then go for whatever you want......
Old 11-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Personally, I would take the $450 and go get another Ninja.......not a bad piece for the bucks.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default what about...

hiya guys,

since he's new to 1/8th, why not try O.S.'s VZR turbo2?

O.S. engines are making really good engines now, and i am sure this one will be just as good. and it's also cheap!

you could prolly buy 2 of these for a RB or nova.

whacha guys think?

any experiences with this?

-alexander
Old 11-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR

The C6 does NOT wear out fast, unless you don't break it in properly or run it too lean! It's a very fast engine for sure. I would say someone got their information mixed up, the XENON-R doesn't last as long, but equal power to the $700.00 dollar modifieds. I shouldn't have recomended this engine first. But I must have been tired last night when I posted and only saw the $450.00.
Let me ask you how big is the track you plan on running on? Is it flowing or tight? This might make a difference in what I recommend to you. Plus how long have you raced? Have you raced off road or electric or something? Are you looking for something faster or A LOT FASTER then your Ninja that you currently have? Because going around the track fast is more driving and setup then engine power. If your already pushing the car to it's limits with your ninja, Then you need a lot more power. Or are you just looking into a backup motor incase your Ninja dies? Do you like the Ninja? What is the main reason you want a new motor I guess is what I am asking. Don't think for a minute that a super fast motor will make you faster at the track unless your ready for the upgrade. Just don't want to steer you wrong. Give us more info so we can help you make the right choice, which will probably be byass regardless. As you can see already, everybody has their own opinion on engines and manufacturers. I prefer RB. However Novarossi is top of the line also. I would stick with one of these manufacturers. But RB, (because I am more familiar with) has engines to suit your track, driving style etc...as do the other manuf. This is why they offer more then one type of engine. So give us your history a bit about your skill level, and we can point you in the right direction. I honestly think that the RB C6 would be a great choice. But then I hear a lot of good about Novarossi 35+. I would stick to on of these. Great power bands and Longevity (if taken care of properly)
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry, I didn't see your 20 year thing. Get the C6, and talk to Kevin at http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....08_146_152_154 and ask what type of exhaust would be best for your driving style etc. Good luck!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BEST DEAL FOR THE MONEY DS11 WITH PIPE AND MANIFOLD
APROX . $ 375.00 GOOD POWER , CANT GO WRONG WITH NOVA ROSSI
BASE MOTORS , ( JP, RB, NOVA MEGA, TOP, REX,) BUT HIGHER COST
XENON ARE FAST AND NOT FOR THE NOVICE A LITTLE MORE TRICKY
TO TUNE GOOD COST FOR THE PERFORMACE AND LESS TIME BETWEEN REBUILDS ABOUT 1 1/2 GAL. REBUILD COST ALMOST THE SAME AS A NEW
ENGINE
Old 11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

It is a big flowing track, 250 feet long. I have been racing for twenty years. At my first race with the MRX-4R I qualified third out of thirty plus drivers. Broke in the main though. I really didn't have any problems out of the Ninja just not sure that it is a reliable engine. I might just end up buying another Ninja.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Who's name is the DS11 made under? I don't think that I have heard of it before.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

He means DSII, which is the Mega ZX21 DSII, Picco based.....
Also take a look at the New Picco EVO2.........

But, I agree on 2 things I just read.
1) is there anything wrong with the Ninja engine?, if not why not buy another one?
2) OS max engines are cheap, reliable as far as I know, bit under powered, but this is good I think to first get used to the balistic speed of a 1/8 scale car....
If you are in the learning curve of handling a 1/8 scale car, starting with an "overpowered" car will send you the wrong way, and actually make you slower.......
Old 11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

I have seen a few guys break rods with the Mega motors so I stay away from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.