Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Sedan Nats.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2007 Sedan Nats.

Why are the sedan nationals for 2007 not on the east coast? I was looking at the Roar site and see they are in texas. They were in Texas in 2005 and in cali in 2006. Is no one from the East coast biding.

D.J. Apolaro
Old 11-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Why are the sedan nationals for 2007 not on the east coast? I was looking at the Roar site and see they are in texas. They were in Texas in 2005 and in cali in 2006. Is no one from the East coast biding.

D.J. Apolaro
D.J.
This has been hashed out to no end there is no rule that stipulates that the races have to be given to any region. The races are awarded to the best bidding facility, that is what i was told.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by richey
D.J.
This has been hashed out to no end there is no rule that stipulates that the races have to be given to any region. The races are awarded to the best bidding facility, that is what i was told.
Wow!!!! we have to wait yet another year...not fair at all. ...there are plenty of onroad facilties on the east coast that can hold a national event I think if we have to wait til 08 then the east should be awarded 09 as well..
Old 11-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Wow!!!! we have to wait yet another year...not fair at all. ...there are plenty of onroad facilties on the east coast that can hold a national event I think if we have to wait til 08 then the east should be awarded 09 as well..
301 would have been a great spot 4 the 1/10 or the 1/8 nats. I agree, It's not fair!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
301 would have been a great spot 4 the 1/10 or the 1/8 nats. I agree, It's not fair!
Didn't they host the 5th scale Nats this year?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Didn't they host the 5th scale Nats this year?
Yes. It worked out really well.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Yes. It worked out really well.
Then i am sure that took them out of any chance for a Nats in 2007, it is almost imnpossible to have any Nats in back to back years, that is a guideline.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

D.J.
That may be but, We all know this is just political. No rule to give a region a race does not mean that the east coast should not get a race. As far as the best facility getting a race. Texas in 2005 was a joke and from what I heard the track in cali, was not much better. What is a quality track. Must have bumps(in bad places) and be inconsistent with the traction, nothing against the other tracks, I know it is the same for all, but that comment is a joke in itself. The Best facility PLEASE!!!! I know nothing will change, but I had to speak my mind as a roar paying member that gets to travel across the country if I want to race. I have only been in the hobby for less than 3 years, but man It would be nice to not have to travel so far for a main event, at least once in a while. They seemed to be able to handle it for 1/8 scale. It was in florida, then Ohio, and what do you know it, now it is on the west coast. It was just in Texas in 2005 and that state is aready getting another. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with u Dj! Roar should give the east coast a shot.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Agree 100% the talk has been going on for a long time over here on the east side...hopefully we will get more people to voice there opinions and dissatisfaction with the current Roar selection process .
Old 11-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think they even gave 301 raceway a thought. The facility is really top notch. And there is so mucn pits space. It's would b a shame if ROAR is bias.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

There has to be a track willing to have the nationals on the east coast. I am sure it is possible. There are reasons to make it fair. Many of the factors and personal people spend a lot of money to be at these events and for the same people to have to travel great miles is not fair. Fair being the key word. Why should I or anyone else have to travel these great distances year after year. Yes you could say, don't go, but that is not promoting the hobby. Factory's find new talent when they travel to new places and locals get a chance to race in big events.

on Roars site the rule 12.1.6 states "to provide the widest possible exposure and opportunity to compete, the location of the individual Nationals events will be rotated as much as possible". That statement in itself is no rule, "as much as possible" What genuis wrote that. I know I should not be writting this but I can not help myself and yes I did vote this year and know it did not help.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

There has to be a track willing to have the nationals on the east coast. I am sure it is possible. There are reasons to make it fair. Many of the factors and personal people spend a lot of money to be at these events and for the same people to have to travel great miles is not fair. Fair being the key word. Why should I or anyone else have to travel these great distances year after year. Yes you could say, don't go, but that is not promoting the hobby. Factory's find new talent when they travel to new places and locals get a chance to race in big events.

on Roars site the rule 12.1.6 states "to provide the widest possible exposure and opportunity to compete, the location of the individual Nationals events will be rotated as much as possible". That statement in itself is no rule, "as much as possible" What genuis wrote that. I know I should not be writting this but I can not help myself and yes I did vote this year and know it did not help.
Well atleast you voted that is more than most did.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

". "as much as possible"p.

Nice find Dj.....I think Im gonna grab my handbook and start reading it religiously...because for a ruling to be so vague is absolutely ridiculous....Laughable at best....
Old 11-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Nice find Dj.....I think Im gonna grab my handbook and start reading it religiously...because for a ruling to be so vague is absolutely ridiculous....Laughable at best....
Robert,
I think you will be in for some interesting reading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.