Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to RC

Just want to introduce myself and say hi to everyone on this forum.
I am new to the RC world. I somewhat implulse purchased a new nitro car. (also to fulfill an old desire of owning one)
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=44024
I got one that is new with an engine that not been broken in. It came with 2 servos. It's described to have a Tamiya 2 speed transmition.
It's my first real RC car. I have had pre-assembled RC toys.
Am hoping for some advice and to learn from the experience some of you already have.
At some point I found a link on how to break in the nitro engine properly but I did not bookmark it and now I can't find it again. If anyone has a link, it would be much appreciated.
Also looking for radio/receiver/battery pack. I was trying to keep this sa cheap as possible $$ but my reasearch so far is leading towards a new model spektrum dx: 2.0 as being the best for nitro. What do you guys think?
For sure I have leanred that a Futaba AM radio is not a wise choice for any nitro vehicle, but it's most affordable.

This forum seems to be the most active and I have found great knowledge base here, thanks for the already posted articles.
Nice to meet eveyrone.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You could find a MX-3 airtronics radio used for about $40 on the for sale section and it would work fine and you can put three car set-ups in that radio. I think you put on here that you already had 2 servos so you just need the transmitter and receiver. As far as the batteries just get the style that you car needs. You will not have much of a choice.