Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
STOLEN MUGEN MTX4 >

STOLEN MUGEN MTX4

STOLEN MUGEN MTX4

Old 01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Paypal is no longer a secured website to conduct payment transaction, they allow fraud people like Jordy Pun a.k.a. Bryen Gato and they already did this and continue doing this and they can get away with this.
No, if you specify you only work with people having a CONFIRMED address then you're safe. It will show his name and address and it has to be his real one to be confirmed.

Also I'd print everything...print the guys email, his address, name etc. If he doesn't provide this info then don't sell. PERIOD. And refuse to ship to the address that he doesn't have linked to his paypal account which always must be his real address because it's confirmed. (you have to sign a paper sent to your address and return it).
Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

wow i would get the address & make it to his residence & take care of him
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
No, if you specify you only work with people having a CONFIRMED address then you're safe. It will show his name and address and it has to be his real one to be confirmed.

Also I'd print everything...print the guys email, his address, name etc. If he doesn't provide this info then don't sell. PERIOD. And refuse to ship to the address that he doesn't have linked to his paypal account which always must be his real address because it's confirmed. (you have to sign a paper sent to your address and return it).

HA HA, Wait to you get scammed once. You'll find out that "confirmed address" means NOTHING!! All you have to do is go to the feedback thread here, you'll see how they are getting around things.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Stolen MTX4

If this idiot lives in El Monte Ca. chances are he will take the car to Revelations Raceway in Montclair.
Call Airland Hobbies <the shop at the track> and give Kevin ther information about the MTX4. Maybe he can also post a couple of pics for you.
Just maybe the guy will try and sell it cheap at the track, or at least buy parts for it.
Also in the El Monte area, there is Tonys Hobbies in La Puente, and Elite Hobbies in I believe city of Industry. Give them a call also to put the word out.
They should string the guy up by his nuts!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
HA HA, Wait to you get scammed once. You'll find out that "confirmed address" means NOTHING!! All you have to do is go to the feedback thread here, you'll see how they are getting around things.

actually no, it's because for 1 you have to sign the paper and return it and 2 you only send to his confirmed address AFTER you have the money in your bank account. If he's verified bank account and address there's no way to get around it.

you ship to the confirmed address so if it's not his address he screws himself.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

OK,...LOL…Well, your gonna have a hard time convincing me. I’ve been scammed TWICE! I’m not blaming PayPal, they didn’t pull the scam. Just telling you the facts, It’s far from secure.

Not gonna get into the details, no need to educate more people how to get around PayPal. All you have to do is read the feedback forum, you’ll see how they are doing it.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

anyway if you take the precautions, you're safe. If you just send to anyone who sends "money" then...
Old 01-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So let me get it straight,the same guy rip of like 3 ppl from this forum and they dont do shit?
I mean if it is this way then paypal ppl or w/e ppl must be stupid.
If i was a person working on paypal and see that the same person has ultist 3 ppl blaming him for scam i would though"WTf this guy must have done something"

Sure maybe its not that easy as i think and excuse my ignorans on how paypal shit works but i am new on this orders from internet,i usaly order things from in side my country and i always get items this way (i dont know exactly how you call this transacion i will try to describe)
I order from a guy then this guy send me the item and i have to pay it when i recive it, from the post office when the item is here i ask the post office to open the box(they have a low that you can open the box in case something is broken so they pay for it or somthing like that)so if i see its the item i order then i pay and get it if the item its not the one i order i say i dont pay and the item go back.
Maybe its not that simble i know but still in my mind seems secure
Old 01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The problem is that many people don't read the feedback, they see a deal and go for it. Later on, when things don't add up, that is when they read the feedback and just found out that they were scammed. I've been scammed 1 time and now, I don't do any more business without confirmed address and I make sure that the item is shipped with tracking. FEDEX ground works best. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER deliver the item to someone in person using Paypal.....make sure you do CASH when you hand deliver the item. This will help keep scammers from taking your stuff!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Stolen MTX4

Feedback, and confirmed address means NOTHING!!!
I had a dickwad rip me off for over $650.00, who had a "confirmed address"
and 100% feedback.
During the week that he ripped me off, he also was doing the same thing to 4 other buyers.
He had 5 sales going on during this week, and buy the time I realized I was not going to receive my MRX4,and notified Pay-Pal, it was too late.
I then started e-mailing the other buyers, and we all started putting two and two together, but it was too late. As soon as he received payment through Pay-Pal from all of the buyers <within two or three days> he closed out the account, and bailed.
After talking with the other buyers and adding up with what he received from Pay-Pal for all the sales, it added up to over $2,650.00.
We all filed claims with US Postal Service<some of the other buyers shipped items to him as partial trade which meant "mail fraud"> and filed claims throught the F.B.I Internet fraud division, the time span was a little over two weeks total.I even was "lucky" enough to meet an understanding detective in my area, who spent a lot of time contacting the police dept. in his area<I live in So. Ca. and the ass lives in Boston>but to no avail.
"Confirmed adress" and "great feedback" mean squat!!
You take a chance every time you send money through Pay-Pal, or even more so when you trade items through the internet.
By the way, the son-of-bitch that ripped us all of name is JAY WILLIAMS, from Dorchester, Mass.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Dont buy expensive stuff over internet. If it isnt someone that is your friend and you trust. I am only buying parts from hobbyshops in hongkong.

There are many bad people out there searching for people to cheat.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orfeous
Dont buy expensive stuff over internet. If it isnt someone that is your friend and you trust. I am only buying parts from hobbyshops in hongkong.

There are many bad people out there searching for people to cheat.
Hey, I got ripped off by my so-called friend. I doesn't matter where you sell your stuff, you can get scammed.

The fun part is how you can make their lives uncomfortable from then on. At work, home, wherever they are. Finding someone is a lot easier than you think. The internet provides an array of people finding options. And some are, ahh, not so legit and will give you anything for a little cash. But then, you may just get scammed again.

So bawler, it's coming to ya. You think you got problems now.