new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):) >

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Old 06-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi787
Hey tobamiester, were you at Floyd Bennett Field yesterday.
Yes Sir!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Mark.yesterday I ran my DM1 for the first time with your CF parts.the car felt great. just some front push on corner exit on power.but I think it was my tires 45 front, 40 rears, sweeps.made the B. but didn't finish.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey Mark.yesterday I ran my DM1 for the first time with your CF parts.the car felt great. just some front push on corner exit on power.but I think it was my tires 45 front, 40 rears, sweeps.made the B. but didn't finish.
Good to hear. I normally run the same tire front to rear. Try that first, then maybe stand the rear shocks up one hole.

Also this set up works more rolling through the corner rather than powering through it. It will carry speed through the turns. Drive for lap times not how aggressive you come out of the corner.

Keep with it and let me know if you need anything or help.

Mark
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Good to hear. I normally run the same tire front to rear. Try that first, then maybe stand the rear shocks up one hole.

Also this set up works more rolling through the corner rather than powering through it. It will carry speed through the turns. Drive for lap times not how aggressive you come out of the corner.

Keep with it and let me know if you need anything or help.

Mark
My first time both running asphalt and my DM1. Similar experience on push but then again I really did not make a ton of effort on setup ahead of time, so will be more prepared next time. Ran Sweep 45's on all 4 corners.

Can ran good but I was slow and engine ran very fat. Just missed the bump in the C, finished 3rd, lasted full 10mins. After pulling it off the track the outer clutch bearing was destroyed.
Wasn't too sure about this car but from reading this thread and seeing support, I'm sticking with it.

Upgrading the brakes and clutch setup.

Do you guys normally run the stock Clutch Bell ? or something else that runs a larger outer bearing ? A buddy of mine suggests I run the Kyosho bell...

thanks in advance, more questions likely coming
Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
My first time both running asphalt and my DM1. Similar experience on push but then again I really did not make a ton of effort on setup ahead of time, so will be more prepared next time. Ran Sweep 45's on all 4 corners.

Can ran good but I was slow and engine ran very fat. Just missed the bump in the C, finished 3rd, lasted full 10mins. After pulling it off the track the outer clutch bearing was destroyed.
Wasn't too sure about this car but from reading this thread and seeing support, I'm sticking with it.

Upgrading the brakes and clutch setup.

Do you guys normally run the stock Clutch Bell ? or something else that runs a larger outer bearing ? A buddy of mine suggests I run the Kyosho bell...

thanks in advance, more questions likely coming
Get the Ofna Shim kit part#10099 I believe. It allows you to run 2 or 3 bearings in the nose, total of 3 or 4 bearings.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Get the Ofna Shim kit part#10099 I believe. It allows you to run 2 or 3 bearings in the nose, total of 3 or 4 bearings.
Fantastic, cheers!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Fantastic, cheers!
T-Hawk, Nice jump on the shim kit. I have built 7 clutch bells for other racers in the last 30 days, which has me convinced that I will do an outline and exploded view of each part.

I'll get this up on this thread after racing this week. I'm going to put together a kit that we can put up on the Darkside site. Will have the shims and bearings that you need including the outline of how to built it.

On the brakes, I will also do some photos as I am building a set up for another car early Saturday before practice starts. Really pretty simple and not much cost other than the optional brake pads / rotor. Something to watch on this though is to check your flywheel size. The original RTR kit had a 38mm flywheel. When you use the lower engine mount, you should change to 35mm. If you do the dual brakes and the 38mm flywheel, you can have some interference issues. Cost me racing in the main last time.

Hey T-Hawk, have you tried to move your flywheel around to better line up the gears??? I think I have found something.

Tobamiester - Your parts will be mailed today.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

T-Hawk, Nice jump on the shim kit. I have built 7 clutch bells for other racers in the last 30 days, which has me convinced that I will do an outline and exploded view of each part.

I'll get this up on this thread after racing this week.

I have built 4 in the last 15 days
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Never had a problem with mine lining up, I have seen others off quite a bit though. Spurs dang near running on the bell.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

I'll get this up on this thread after racing this week. I'm going to put together a kit that we can put up on the Darkside site. Will have the shims and bearings that you need including the outline of how to built it.

Hey T-Hawk, have you tried to move your flywheel around to better line up the gears??? I think I have found something.

Kit, Outline and exploded views sound excellent.

Thanks re the shipment
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Quit adding to your post, I cant keep up
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Quit adding to your post, I cant keep up
Before I had read this already has sent you a PM ...... Come on Catch Up Would Ya
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Before I had read this already has sent you a PM ...... Come on Catch Up Would Ya
Trying to eat lunch Damn it!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Mark, your bumpers fill this gap on the Mac bodies?
Mark, the new bumpers fill in the gap nicely! A little shave on the corners and thin it down a little. It will definately keep the front bumper from buckling.

Last edited by T-Hawk; 11-19-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Mark, the new bumpers fill in the gap nicely! A little shave on the corners and thin it down a little. It will definately keep the front bumper from buckling.
Funny how some things work out they way they should!

Also, the density of the foam should stand up better than the stock one.

I should have the prodcution run in hand in the next 2-3 weeks. If anyone want to pre-order one, PM me.

Mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.