R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #1321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVUS HELI View Post
Hey everyone. I've been checking out the DM1 Pro on Amain's site for quite some time now, but was a little put off to buy it being I can't seem to find spares for it. It's apparently compatible with other OFNA/ Jammin cars. Does anyone know which buggies/ truggies it's compatible with? Also, will the 1/8 DM1 Spec E's single speed center spool fit?
After reading through just about every post on her today, it seems like you guys have a fair amount of sources for parts. Is there a link thread for this car? Thank in advance.
For parts, as BigKAt said IGT hobbies, but also Nitro House and even Tower Hobbies has some parts.

Not sure how to answer the question on the Spool. This would give you a single speed, and you should be able to adjust it to mesh with the clutch bell. The holder is the same as the nitro verson.

Most of the stuff for the car is noted on this thread.

Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #1322
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to abi787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I think I can cover you, but need to check when I'm home Monday and let you know.
Hey Mark, let me know if you found that front foam DM bumper.
and do you know were can I get light weight rear pivot balls. Thanks.
MRRC Raceway Manorville Long Island N.Y.
abi787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #1323
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi787 View Post
As far as I know there are no replacement for the stock rear pivot balls. Front ones can be replaced by Mugen or OFNA ones.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #1324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Don't have it in my hands but it has been found should have Wednesday ....

Well I have a solution for the rear, but let me put it on my car first. Give me two weeks, as I will run them in Lincoln July 13/14.

Mark
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #1325
Tech Elite

I've been off racing over the past few weeks and the DM-1 did well in the heat for the South West Series race. Managed a single qualifier to grid 9th in the A and finished 4th. Lap off third and lap in front of 5th. A few cars behind me were quicker (Chad) but they had engine issues. Turned better lap times than I have in the past, but still not there.

Then off to the Heart of America race in Lincoln this past weekend. Ended up taking 2nd behind Bill Sydor in the Serpent and good race with Johnny Boy with his Serpent, finishing on the same lap. He had a faster fast lap, but I was more consistant. Much more to come as I have done some work on the clutch and brakes. Car did not accelerate as well as it should, or stop as quickly. I think I have that solved.

I let another racer run my back up car after he had issues with his Serpent and he was in 4th until a plug failed. Said he has never driven a DM-1 that turns like this car does.

I'll be back in Lincoln Aug 10/11 for the next series race and see where the clutch and brakes get me.

I have a new order of bumpers due late next week. Let me know if you need them. You can pre-order on the Darksidems.com site. Also, should have another round of carbon in prior to this race and should include the new stand up servo mount. I'll post pictures when I have the mock up mounted.

Lastly, I need to set up a You Tube account, and I will put a video on how to set up the DM-1 clutch bell / gear mesh and build a diff that does not spread the case with the loads we are putting on them.

Mark
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #1326
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
As far as I know there are no replacement for the stock rear pivot balls. Front ones can be replaced by Mugen or OFNA ones.
Front can be Mugen or Lunsford .... use the ones for the MBX6.

Rear - I'm working on these. Did not run them at either Porter TX, or Lincoln NE, but I have the parts. I need to see if they will survive a weekend of racing before I send everyone out for the parts.

Mark
Old 07-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #1327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Timezone Gran Prix

The DM-1 can still hang in there I qualified 2nd behind Mike Lyday and finished 2nd behind Mike. Our cars were evenly matched, but Mike had a glow plug issue around the 7 min mark, giving me a 2 lap lead. I held that lead till the 35 min mark when I blew 2nd gear We had a 12 lap lead on third, so I limped it around for a well deserved 2nd place finish. Wish Mike and myself were able to run together a little longer, the cars looked so awesome running nose to tail around our track. This car can still be very competitive with a few upgrades from Grenade10, at nearly half the cost of a Serpent or Team C car. I was also still using a $200 28 5t motor, while most everyone else were using $280 motors.

Ryan

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com -
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #1328
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
The DM-1 can still hang in there I qualified 2nd behind Mike Lyday and finished 2nd behind Mike. Our cars were evenly matched, but Mike had a glow plug issue around the 7 min mark, giving me a 2 lap lead. I held that lead till the 35 min mark when I blew 2nd gear We had a 12 lap lead on third, so I limped it around for a well deserved 2nd place finish. Wish Mike and myself were able to run together a little longer, the cars looked so awesome running nose to tail around our track. This car can still be very competitive with a few upgrades from Grenade10, at nearly half the cost of a Serpent or Team C car. I was also still using a $200 28 5t motor, while most everyone else were using $280 motors.

Ryan
Great job Ryan, your car was super fast! My car.....not so much, lol!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #1329
Tech Regular

Quote:

Ryan
It's good to hear that your doing so well with the DM1.keeps me going
With my DM.in my local track 98% of the field are Serpent. and is like an uphill Battle. Which I can find that sweet spot ( perfect setup) for my DM1.

Last edited by abi787; 07-25-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #1330
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

It is still a very capable race car
I have 4 DM ones with different set ups
An all out carbon fiber with ceramic bearings velocity racing towers and onroad OS
Stock with grenade carbon fiber shock towers with LRP arm stiffener with 2 stage pistons from rc shox
2 Carbon fiber chassis with towers and one with a grenade lowering option
all of them are stable and very competative
only thing I break is the gears in the 2 speed but very seldom
I have all the hop ups for this and will not be switching brands (unless mugen comes up with a GT)

I prefer this to my old serpent GT which I sold and to the team C which looks to be fast but brittle in some areas
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #1331
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
It's good to hear that your doing so well with the DM1.keeps me going
With my DM.in my local track 98% of the field are Serpent. and is like an uphill Bottle. Which I can find that sweet spot ( perfect setup) for my DM1.
I have a small dm1 parts lot if ur interested. I run at Floyd also
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1332
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
I have a small dm1 parts lot if ur interested. I run at Floyd also
What parts do you have, and how much. pm the price. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1333
Tech Elite

Default DM-1 Gears

I've come to the opinion, that to keep the gears from stripping, you need to run a 3 tooth split in the spur gears, so 44/47, 45/48 or 46/49; with a 4 tooth split in the pinion gears 14/18, 15/19, 16/20, 17/21, 18/22 and 13/17 if you can find the gears.

I so check the gear mesh with new gears and let me know if you agree.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #1334
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I've come to the opinion, that to keep the gears from stripping, you need to run a 3 tooth split in the spur gears, so 44/47, 45/48 or 46/49; with a 4 tooth split in the pinion gears 14/18, 15/19, 16/20, 17/21, 18/22 and 13/17 if you can find the gears.

I so check the gear mesh with new gears and let me know if you agree.
Why is that? Arent the gears in the bell and 2 speed the same specs ?
I have had no problems until las time I raced and messed the gear
I bought big cats dm 1 with CF and it is lighter and flexes more hence more grip
Will try different combinations and see what works for me
Thanks for info grenade
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #1335
Tech Regular

Smile T Hawk is an Animal!!!

Quote:

Ryan
Great job representing the 'Hooligans'......Fantastic driving as usual.......
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote