Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Hey "G",
Hope all is well. I got a 200'ft straight and 110'ft in width this year baby , that should do the trick. Hope you can come up and visit sometime.
Peace,
J.C.
I was there last month in the pocono's had a chance to play in the snow with the kids. I think the closest I may get will be june if I head to out to Md.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey you never know, One Day when you least expect it, we'll be standing side by side on a drivers stand somewhere. L.O.L.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evostyle
How did the DM-1 perform compared to the 1/10th sedans at Revelations? Anyone have any first hand knowledge?
check Revelation raceway (revrace.com) results on road race dated Nov 12 2006. time lapses is comparable or close to beginner or novice 1/10 scale. I am impressed with this car and decided to call around after that race to have it showed off at SV being it is a bigger track. I really think that it will reveal the potential of this car. but to no avail. no call back so far. no worries, not my loss.
I like this car... perfect size sedan.. it will be part of my stable soon
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
I like this car... it will be part of my stable soon
Wow , the wifey is getting you a bigger unabomber shack or you adding on another wing? I'm liking this DM1, hope Richard at SV gets his running soon. I would like to see how well it does...before I get mine.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 007kel
Wow , the wifey is getting you a bigger unabomber shack or you adding on another wing? I'm liking this DM1, hope Richard at SV gets his running soon. I would like to see how well it does...before I get mine.

hmmmnnnn...
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No, It does not come with a engine, you'll need electrics and an engine. I run a .21 RB C5 in mine and the car flies. Look for Higher RPM engines.
Hope that helps.
tnx man..how about the ninja bo1?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

The wifey is moving her last never opened shoes out of my RC shack aka unabomber shack. I do not understand why they have to have so many shoes they never open let alone use. I guess it's a woman thingy. as oppose to having a tuffshed dedicated to RC (she does not understand that either) so there we are even. she confuses me and vice versa
I'd like to see this thing on an open track like SV. It run very well at Rev. with expert drivers. I wonder how will it run with not so expert drivers at SV
Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

I believe On-Road motors would be more suiting for the application. After all, it is a track car and would require a motor that would spin extremely high revs.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
I believe On-Road motors would be more suiting for the application. After all, it is a track car and would require a motor that would spin extremely high revs.
Does the weight issue have an effect with high RPM engines?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by moy
tnx man..how about the ninja bo1?
The Ninja should work well.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Does the weight issue have an effect with high RPM engines?
IMO, The drive trains is so free I've tried four engines and i did not notice any weight issues. What i did notice was that even though i used a higher RPM engine, i had pretty good bottom, being that i extended the cupling between the header and pipe so the stinger could reach the exhaust box, it helped with the bottom end. That combined with the higher RPM engine eliminated any issues with weight, if there were any. The car flies and it handles like a dream. again remember this is just my opinion. I feel if more people would take the time to look at the DM-1, you would see this class grow around the U.S.A real quick. You would also see a lot of 1/8th & 1/5th scale on roaders going in this direction especialy the 8th scalers because of the money they would save on tires. The car, set up correctly, handles incredibly well with rubber tires (alot better than anyone thinks!)which well keep your race day cost down, I think this class should be a rubber class only. This year i've added this class at my track with rubber tires only and there seems to be alot of interest.
Now, off to work, Have a great day guys!
J.C.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

I run a .21 RB C5 in mine and the car flies. Look for Higher RPM engines.
Dreamcatcher, what pipe/header combo are you using with your C5?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Dreamcatcher, what pipe/header combo are you using with your C5?
The header is exactly like this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLE1&P=7 But in black. I'm not sure if it is a duratrax or an HPI I just grab it from my header box, The pipe is a PICCO 7203 I used for MRX3 onroad 8th scale. Would prefer a little longer header though.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Foam tires are used on all DM 1's, and the traction is medium high.

Will it work well with rubber tires? If so, how long will they last? If they work, last longer, and cheaper than foams why not run em? If thats the case I'm just thinking that if this class gets going, rubber tires might be another selling point for the class

I also like the idea you guys are able to run cheap 150dollar motors in them.

I'm also curious about the progressive dampening on this car. I bet bottoming out isn't much of a problem huh?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tomkelley
Will it work well with rubber tires? If so, how long will they last? If they work, last longer, and cheaper than foams why not run em? If thats the case I'm just thinking that if this class gets going, rubber tires might be another selling point for the class

I also like the idea you guys are able to run cheap 150dollar motors in them.

I'm also curious about the progressive dampening on this car. I bet bottoming out isn't much of a problem huh?
Yes! They will work as long as the camber is set correctly and the wear is even, the rubber will last much longer. The Problem is, anyone getting into this car is usauly coming from using foams and the first thing they want to do is put on foams on the car. I ran a new set of foam tires and half way thru the day, besides having to readjust ride height every run the tires were gone
after half a day. So i put on the oringinal tires that came with the car i finished up the day. the next day i put on a new set of the ofna premounted tires(remember, there are different rubber compounds) and did the exact same thing i did the day before with the foam tires to see the difference. since then, i have repeated my outing 2 1/2 different time and i still have those same tires on. Listen, we all know that foams will give us more traction than rubber but if i can save by running rubber and still have good enough traction to have a great race than this is the way to go in my book. look at overseas, if They can set up 1/10 nitro touring cars to run on rubber tires(even in the rain)and they have traction, why can't it be done with cars like the DM-1, Inferno GT, Ofna GTP,Hot bodies Lighting street or any other cars in this catagorery? If more people would look at this car logicly, this class would grow quicker than you think. and Bottoming out isn't an issue
This can be an inexpensive class to run if you really look at it and that is a good thing in this expensive world of R/C racing. Now after all that, Can you tell i love this class Hav A Great Day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.