R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you guys with the DM1s using the dust covers on the back side of the front upper and front lower Pivot balls?

vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadn1
Are you guys with the DM1s using the dust covers on the back side of the front upper and front lower Pivot balls?

I don't use the dust covers. If you plan on running on a dirty surface you may consider using them.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 AM   #63
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremelboy
the mugen centax is used in conjunction with a kyosho evolva clutch bell and 21tooth evolva second gear, we then had to use 12mm shims to space the gears out approprietly but in the end i think it was a great fit and a piece that will only compliment the car.
I have been looking for a centax to put in my rally game for some time and have some questions:

-Any particular reason for the mix of Evolva bell and Mugen centax?
-Will the Mugen flywheel (centax) be the centax that requires the least amount of dremeling due to having the bumpstart interface closest to the engine?

Thanks!
SteinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #64
Tech Adept

hello steinr

the reason i chose to mix the kyosho and mugen centax clutches was because of spacing issues, the clutch bells between kyosho and mugen are not the same, there are distance dfferences and for our application in the DM1 kit the mugen clutch with kyosho bell and kyosho 2nd gear along with mugen first gear and some 12mm shims behiund it worked the best to get the perfect gear mesh.

having spoken with the guys at ofna they tell me the mugen red shoe seems to work the best in the kit, lasts the longest and hits the hardest, we are going to experiment with a yellow mugen shoe ourselves this weekend to see the results but will also try their recommendation.

what particular rally game kit do you have??? the spacing of the 2 speed gears is whats critical, you want to make sure the gears are in full contact with each other.

give me more info and we will see what we can put together for you

dremelboy
dremelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dremelboy,

Are you using the stock gearing on the DM1? If you have the numbers handy, can you tell me what the stock gearing on the DM1 is? What mugen gear are you using?

On the Kyosho clutch bell is that a direct fit on the mugen flywheel and shoe or are there other parts involved there?

Last edited by vadn1; 11-09-2006 at 06:35 PM.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #66
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw it run yesterday and dremalboy let me take it for a spin

its a nice kit! stock power is good, handling is good, we were on a unprepared

surface , and the car was pretty well stuck, I can see this being a Blast!

this would make a nice separate class .
Old 11-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #67
Tech Adept

hi vadn1

i am using the stock gearing in the kit at the moment.

on the centax clutch i am using 17/21 for the gearing, i think thats 1 tooth up on both gears from what was stock from ofna

the reason for us using the taller gearing is because the track we will be running the kits on this weekend is huge and uses alot of vht.

after we had let michael 1 run the car yesterday we made a few more changes to the centax clutches end bell play and clutch shoe/ bell face gap and the car was on rails.

we are running the stock force .28 motor in our kit along with a JP3 pipe. we want to show people that you dont need a $500.00 nova based motor in there to go fast. the street price on those force .28 motors is between $130-150, we figure if you blow it up just buy another one.

this class is meant to try and draw more people into the hobby and thats why we are trying to push it as more of a stock class. at our club here what we are going to try and do is run both the kyosho inferno gt and the ofna DM1 in their own unique class so to generate more intrest in the people that are just spectating.

if you tell someone that the cars are 1500-2000 dollars to get into it versus 550-650 to get in to it, you will more than likely have the people considering theh $550-650 number, when you start talking thousands of dollars peodple definetly take a step back.

the other nice thing will be that the buggy guys will be more willing to possibly try the cars out because in essence they are all based on a buggy chassis

we will have some video clips posted on here later this afternoon for everyone to see.

hope you all enjoy them
Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #68
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

Is this proposed RAMS class open to other rallygame cars, or is it open only to whatever cars Ace Hobbies sells?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #69
Tech Adept

hey cams

the class is open to any rally game type kit

basically we are looking for another option for people to get into racing so all makes are welcome
Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #70
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

Woohoo! sounds like fun, thanks for the response. This class has been waiting to happen for too long.

I have a PRP rally car (what else?) with a Technokit Corvette body that has been collecting dust for two years without a place to race. Maybe I'll drag it out again.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #71
Tech Adept

hey cams

we need a class like this, it will open the door for alot of people that just cant afford the really high end kits.

the cars should prove much more user friendly, if you guy shave any extra kits you should bring them to the trackon sunday, have them there for display and if you have an extra kit or two bring them along so let people drive them

the guys at ofna and ourselves have been working closely to try and get this class going, they sent us a couiple of freebie kits for us to let people try out the kits and get the class going.

i have spoken with joel at kyosho and they are willing to send us a few kits to help promote the calss as well.

would you happen to have an extra kit or two so we can try and have a full 7 or 8 car field???

let me know, i think this weekend would be a perfect opportunity to debuet this new and up and coming class

thanks

kevin @ ace
Old 11-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

Default dm1 at rev

I was at rev today they had a dm1 class i looks pertty fun i was suprised that the car moved pertty good even with the weight of the car a lot of people looked interested hope to see more of them out there
bestindebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Default thanks

I want to thank all the OFNA and Nitrohouse guys for coming out to race the DM-1's for the first time. We had a total of of 8 cars on the track and it was definitely fun racing. Congrats to Steve "SNR" for taking the first DM-1 win.

Also thanks to Dana at Revelations Raceway for giving us the time to run the class and to Nigel from Kamikaze RC for standing out on the track to get some video (sorry if I got to close to the camera ).

To all the guys that pitted for us..Thanks for the help, I know filling these can't be that easy.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
I want to thank all the OFNA and Nitrohouse guys for coming out to race the DM-1's for the first time. We had a total of of 8 cars on the track and it was definitely fun racing. Congrats to Steve "SNR" for taking the first DM-1 win.

Also thanks to Dana at Revelations Raceway for giving us the time to run the class and to Nigel from Kamikaze RC for standing out on the track to get some video (sorry if I got to close to the camera ).

To all the guys that pitted for us..Thanks for the help, I know filling these can't be that easy.

hahah anytime guys. i felt like Raywood out there!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Default DM1 VIDEO

Here's a short video of the DM-1 at Revelations this past weekend..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvabzEEJfls