new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):) >

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Old 07-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default dm 1

DM one spec finishes 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at 6th annual bryons challenge at Leisure hours hobbys
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by tazfam2
DM one spec finishes 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at 6th annual bryons challenge at Leisure hours hobbys
Thats a great showing, who and what finished first if you don't mind sharing the info.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

If I run the small rear shock tower in the front what shocks do I need? I like the idea of running the shorter shock towers all the way around.

I'm about to steal and convert from GT2) to a DM-1 spec from tower with free shipping and a $60.00 off coupon code (new super saver member).
Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
If I run the small rear shock tower in the front what shocks do I need? I like the idea of running the shorter shock towers all the way around.

I'm about to steal and convert from GT2) to a DM-1 spec from tower with free shipping and a $60.00 off coupon code (new super saver member).
You just run the stock front shocks.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by bobbyblaze; 12-01-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

If you are going to use the stock rear shock tower in the front end then you will need to use the rear shocks in the front as well. The stock rear tower needs longer shocks so the stock front won't fit. But if you use an aftermarket carbon tower like the one from maxvelocityracing.com then the stock shocks can be used (only if you use their front shock tower). Hope this helps.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

actually you can use the stock front shocks with the rear tower ....all you have to do is drill 2 holes one on each side ...on take 2 mins or you can get the towers from snrsion he make them & do a great job too
Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
actually you can use the stock front shocks with the rear tower ....all you have to do is drill 2 holes one on each side ...on take 2 mins or you can get the towers from snrsion he make them & do a great job too
That I didn't know about, do you have a picture? Just to clarify the location. Yeah there are a couple of companies doing some great carbon fiber work.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
That I didn't know about, do you have a picture? Just to clarify the location. Yeah there are a couple of companies doing some great carbon fiber work.
i don't have a pic ...i got this setup from bill it explain where to drill the holes.. i post the hole setup tomorrow after work
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Default rear shock tower mod for the front

drill 2 holes one on each side, drill them in a horizontal line, even with the tower mounting holes, the holes should be 1/2 way from the outer edges, split difference from outside edge to the inside edge but make sure the the shock bolt on

i hope this help ..it made a huge difference in the car performance, it take 2 min. to drill the holes
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

I should have said, I will test and see which one works better. My GT is pretty dialed. The deal on the DM-1 was too good to pass up.

It's an addiction, I gotta have one of all big GT cars!

One of the guys on the other forum has bought a BMT belt drive GT car, looks sweet.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I had one but they are not legal to run with the shaft drive car.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snrscion
I had one but they are not legal to run with the shaft drive car.
Thats the first thing everyone said. I know the Roar rules and Ipanema rules state the car has to buggy based, no belts.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thats the first thing everyone said. I know the Roar rules and Ipanema rules state the car has to buggy based, no belts.
There's a real good reason for that, it would be like allowing a 1/8 scale to race against our GTs. GT class racing has been growing strong because of the rule structure and initial start up costs.

While the belt cars are super cool, it would force GT racers to get them to remain competitive against them. With the current world economy and the desire for more fun=less technical=less expensive approach to North American style GT racing is growing; while other classes are in decline, GT continues to grow in popularity.

The fact is a good driver with a pretty much RTR GT car can win big races (Paul Roberts current GT Spec Class World Champion). If the belt cars entered the game, it would be a double edged sword.

I hope in the future to see a class dedicated to just the belt cars, they do look like they'd be killers and fun to race too.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazfam2
Mike Lyday in a kyosho won first He was 3rd in the open gt in florida a couple of months ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.