R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #151
Tech Addict
 
tomkelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunker View Post
Getting a Dm-One Pro kit next week. I am thinking of a NovaRossi N528XRR
Modified. Anyone have any feedback on why this may be good or bad. If good, any pipe suggestions. Thanks

I didn't relize that NR made a modified .28. It was generally known that in buggy racing, a modified .21 is just about as good as a bone stock .28. Are you planning on running it in competion? The reason I ask is most racing is trying to keep modifieds out. For instance, for the Midwest series, we were talking about having a claimor rule set at the normal bone stock .28 price for the Midwest Series, that way no modifieds and only bone stock motors are used in competition. I'd recommend a bone stock .28 for starters. I'm not even sure if a modified in this type of vehicle will really be noticiable performance differance anyway.
__________________
Detroit Radio Control Car Club
www.drccc.org
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #152
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunker View Post
Getting a Dm-One Pro kit next week. I am thinking of a NovaRossi N528XRR
Modified. Anyone have any feedback on why this may be good or bad. If good, any pipe suggestions. Thanks
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #153
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley View Post
I didn't relize that NR made a modified .28. It was generally known that in buggy racing, a modified .21 is just about as good as a bone stock .28. Are you planning on running it in competion? The reason I ask is most racing is trying to keep modifieds out. For instance, for the Midwest series, we were talking about having a claimor rule set at the normal bone stock .28 price for the Midwest Series, that way no modifieds and only bone stock motors are used in competition. I'd recommend a bone stock .28 for starters. I'm not even sure if a modified in this type of vehicle will really be noticiable performance differance anyway.
Thank you for the insight. I was looking at a Hot Mod .28. Your opinion is in line with some of my thoughts. I was originally considering a .21 Ninja, or the .28 ninja. I will not be competing with it, but I am accustomed to 1/8 on road and need the speed! I am concerned about the weight of this car. I realize this car will not be in line with any 1/8 on road I have owned, i just want the best performance I can get out of it. I cannot wait, I think this car is going to be a blast.

Last edited by bbunker; 01-29-2008 at 04:03 PM.
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #154
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I wish i could race again. There are no larger scale tracks in North Florida and I really do not have time to travel right now.
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #155
Tech Elite
 
-R2-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Found the pics I had of my car, that body is toast now i need to make another one, richard from SVM said he was going to put a race toghether for DM-1 so I got to remake anothe one.



and Our founders paintjob.

-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #156
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Very Nice R2
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #157
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Going with the N528XR stock .28, and a Jammin JP-3. There, that was easy. I guess??
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #158
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,672
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake
Default

the 528 is alot of engine especially for an onroad it has more torque then you will ever need. but it is a great engine i run one in my jammin crt truggy also if you need rear arms let me know i have the pbs conversion on my jammin buggy and the only way to buy the arms is a set of 4 and i only need the front lower.
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #159
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Gonna need a few sets of tires I guess.
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #160
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default All I can say is wow!

Got my kit today and I am very pleased. Am I the only one who loves the Porsche??
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #161
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

A few pics.



bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #162
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ofna DM-1 Pro Kits on E bay $355 shipped, thats a great price I don't think anyone can beat. I have nothing to do with RC boyz, just care about gettting more DM-1s out there in the hands of racers...
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #163
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadn1 View Post
Ofna DM-1 Pro Kits on E bay $355 shipped, thats a great price I don't think anyone can beat. I have nothing to do with RC boyz, just care about gettting more DM-1s out there in the hands of racers...

Amen...Everyone needs one!!!!
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #164
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to remove pinion gears from the clutch bell? I have tried heating up the bell to 300+ deg and using a mugen gear removal tool (older style) with oven mits, but I am still have a hard time removing any of the gears. BTW I used blue locktite in a very small amount when installing the pinion gears.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #165
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadn1 View Post
Anyone have a good suggestion on how to remove pinion gears from the clutch bell? I have tried heating up the bell to 300+ deg and using a mugen gear removal tool (older style) with oven mits, but I am still have a hard time removing any of the gears. BTW I used blue locktite in a very small amount when installing the pinion gears.

Disregard, I figured out a way with a pair of mugen gear removal tools, works like a charm.....
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFNA OB4 Slimline parts car - see pics: $30 plus shipping AZrcDude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 02-18-2007 07:57 AM
Ofna OB4 Nitro For Trade (pics) bujuOne R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-06-2006 01:01 PM
OFNA JAMMIN X1 RTR BUGGY with upgrades. WITH PICS yellowpasta2000 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 02-07-2006 03:09 PM
OFNA CD3 PRO ROLLER PICS INSIDE kwilke R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-18-2005 02:02 PM
Ofna Pirate 10 F/S F/T *Pics* maseeh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 11-17-2003 06:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net