Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help w/mtx4 ride hight

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Help w/mtx4 ride hight

Im trying to set the ride hight on my mtx4, the basic setup sheet says to set the front to 4mm and the rear to 5mm. In order to get the front to 4mm the the shock has no more travel, Its bottomed out. I don't get it, what am I doing wrong, It doesn't make sense.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by saul
Im trying to set the ride hight on my mtx4, the basic setup sheet says to set the front to 4mm and the rear to 5mm. In order to get the front to 4mm the the shock has no more travel, Its bottomed out. I don't get it, what am I doing wrong, It doesn't make sense.

What size tires do yo have and what is your droop set. Both of those things can make a big difference in where the shock collars end up while setting your ride height.

When you say bottomed out, are you trying to say that the shock shaft is pressed all the way into the shock body, or just the opposite?

Can you post a picture of the front of the car?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

the shock shafts are all the way in the shock body. I was told to set the ride hight before I did anything else....I guess thats wrong.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

oh and the tires are jaco nitro shoes
Old 10-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

How big are the tires. I am also going to ask a few other things. I assume you put the shorter shocks and shock springs on the front. You have backed off the shock collars.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Rookie

yes the shocks are correct, the fronts are 26mm the rears are 30mm as far as big around, there the gpm's that came with the kit.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The fronts are going to need to be trued to at least 62-63 in order to get the ride height down to 4mm. It is just the way things go.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What length are the shocks? Maybe you have the shock ends screwed in too far, or the wrong ends on the shocks.

The kit comes with about three different sizes of ball ends and they are all different lengths. The wrong ends anywhere else may not reveal themselves, but they sure will on the shocks.