Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Florida Winter Nats

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Talking to the Xray camp, the car is around 80g light to start with. Thats a lot!
Ouch!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Talking to the Xray camp, the car is around 80g light to start with. Thats a lot!
I doubt it is that light. From what some people have told me they have had to add about 65grams to their serpents and I know that is not possible. the Scale being used is most like off. It o.k. as long as it is the same for everyone, but it is causing a lot of people to look for weights.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I doubt it is that light. From what some people have told me they have had to add about 65grams to their serpents and I know that is not possible. the Scale being used is most like off. It o.k. as long as it is the same for everyone, but it is causing a lot of people to look for weights.
Looking/talking to Juraj about the car at the birds I can tell you it was very lightweight to begin with. He had about 10 weights ( that looked like 15 grams each ) that he said he had to add to make the minumum weight....
I'm sure the scale is calibraited......
Old 02-16-2007, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

I was told by the Jilles camp that his car as standard is only 5 grams too light so he had to put this extra weight on, it fell off in round 5 and that is why he was DQ'd, shame.

Having said that, its hard to know what drivers are running LiPo's and whether it is including the transponder or not, running bigger tires than the next guy etc. The car is light.

Last edited by RedRC; 02-16-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedRC
I was told by the Jilles camp that his car as standard is only 5 grams too light so he had to put this extra weight on, it fell off in round 5 and that is why he was DQ'd, shame.

Having said that, its hard to know what drivers are running LiPos and whether it is including the transponder or net, running bigger tires than the next guy etc. The car is light.
I have seen the car, in its normal stage. I am sure it is light(it looks nice and light). I just don't want people thinking it is 80 grams light. Lets be real!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedRC

Having said that, its hard to know what drivers are running LiPo's and whether it is including the transponder or not, running bigger tires than the next guy etc. The car is light.
Man that sucks for jilles. I here he is a nice guy. I will say that he should have screwed those weights on. That is how xray made them. I had to drill the holes in my chassis to use the xray weights.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by H4gI
Hi Anders

Disqualification because of underweight....

I read.....
In 3 heats????
Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stefan
Shepherd Speed
Originally Posted by corallyman
Anders,

I don't know for certain but if I had to guess I would say its the Team Shepherd car, which from what I understand is the team that redesigned the old Picco car from a couple years ago. They have some new stuff, added a driver who made the last worlds final I believe. If somebody knows for sure maybe they can say.

Steve
Thanks guys
Fun they seems to like it, but donīt you think they owe me one for using my design?.....
Is the car any good?
Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

where are all the fast kyosho team drivers this year ?

shimo bertin etc
Old 02-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

You asked so heres the info

New Shepherd, the Velox 07:
http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/shepher...-07-prototype/

And they signed Robert Pietsch who not only is a Worlds finalist but will design the car too:
http://www.redrc.net/2007/01/robert-...-for-shepherd/
Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgsr
where are all the fast kyosho team drivers this year ?

shimo bertin etc
I presume Bertin isn't there because the Team Orion .21 CRF motor isn't ready yet and because he works for Team Orion, he cant be seen to be using another manufacturers motor. Shimo, i dont know. Plus Kyosho has a pretty decent team there with Cyrul, Tosolini, Atomic and Johnson and they are 1st and 2nd in 1/8th qualifying so they don't seem to be lacking pace.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

I got the chassis photos of many of the top drivers posted late last night on SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com) but the flash format was too difficult to use. I re-did it an hour ago, so it's easier to find which driver's car you want to look at. Scroll down to the very bottom of the news article to find the link. Again, your browser will need a "flash player" to view the images - but the player is a free download. Your browser should set this up for you automatically.

There's one image window, and lots of small mini-thumbnails at the bottom. Put your cursor over one of the tiny images, and it opens up, showing a larger image and the name of the driver. Click on it to display that image, or use the built-in controls to view the whole thing as a slide show.

Results of today's racing will be posted once I get back to the hotel. The full article will be published in an upcoming issue of RC Car Magazine.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default qualifications?

at the worlds and the european championships the best 4 of a final heat bump up to the next final. so in theory: someone who qualifies 60th, he/she can still make it into the a-mains?...... (but will be doing a lot of driving)...

are the rules at the winternats the same?
Old 02-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

No, the rules are different, Top 11 qualify direct to the A-main in each class and only 1 moves up from the B-main to make it 12 in the top final. I'm not sure if there is a bump up from the lower finals.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikemyers
I got the chassis photos of ....
Mike you have PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.