2007 Midwest Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Midwest Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Questioner was sent to all participating racers in the MWS about possible event sites for next year. It also asked if you are going to the last race in Toledo this year. Please check your email and respond if you haven’t done so already. I really could use the question answered about Toledo so I can procure the correct number of event awards needed. If you haven’t received one let me know. I might not have your email address.
Thanks
Mark
Old 08-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

what would you guys advice be for a new guy entering 1/10 200mm scale racing. I have done 1/8 buggies, but might be switching because of the type of tracks around here in the Ohio/Michigan area.

I have never done on road racing, and so I'm a bit overwhelmed. Is it easy to get into it, or is the atmosphere too serious compare to 1/8 offroad. I guess is it an easy class to get into with lots of friendly people willing to help with setups and such.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by samayoa
Hey guys,

what would you guys advice be for a new guy entering 1/10 200mm scale racing. I have done 1/8 buggies, but might be switching because of the type of tracks around here in the Ohio/Michigan area.

I have never done on road racing, and so I'm a bit overwhelmed. Is it easy to get into it, or is the atmosphere too serious compare to 1/8 offroad. I guess is it an easy class to get into with lots of friendly people willing to help with setups and such.

Thanks.
Samayoa,

I have heard on road is a little more serious than off road but think its all a matter of opinion. I've never raced off road so I can't say either way. There are numerous people in the pit area willing to help out racers. If you get either a 200mm or a 1/8th, you can get help at any of the Midwest Series races.

In Ohio there are 2 of the US's best which is Toledo and Cincinnati. Joliet has a new facility which is smooth and easy on cars and tires (from what I hear) and they are near Chicago area.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samayoa
Hey guys,

Thanks.
Come on over! Allways nice to help someone transition from the 'Dark side".
In general, I think you will find less tension and more fun. Especially at the MWS races. Lots of cars to choose from and plenty of people to help with most brands.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

The xray nt1 is the flavor of the year in 200mm. followed by the mugen,kyosho, serpent,and team magic. Forget about an Ofna , associated, or hpi. The finally is coming up at toledo in september. One of the best on road tracks anywhere.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is there going to be a race report for the chicago race? and pics
Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mentor MORR

I can't find the MORR website, does the club still exist?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goop
is there going to be a race report for the chicago race? and pics
Goop,

Yeah there will be, eventually. I will work on it during the nights at Vegas while at the Nats. Depending on if I can get an internet connection, I will try to post them. With me being out of work for the Nats, I have been busy with work (some overtime). I have been busy getting things ready for the Nats too so I haven't had time to work on the MWS stuff. All I was able to get done is posted on the MWS site (point standings).

Also, Chicky got married last night. It was a great wedding and party! They had an RC car (Parma of coarse) deliver the rings, Goetz tripped Dana's mom (at least thats the story as we understand it ), speeches were priceless, and everyone had a good time.

CONGRATS PAUL & DANA!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by steelheader3955
I can't find the MORR website, does the club still exist?
Their website is no longer working. Unless they have a new one that I am not aware of, I don't think they have a website with club updates and such.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Yes,

Congradulations to Dana & Paul (Chicky)

Good luck Paul, if we never see you at the track again.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Chicky.....make it to the track fella if you can! Escape now!! LOL!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats Paul!

And good luck to all MWS'rs going to the Nat's! Remember; it's a 'DRY' heat!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck to all MWS racers attending the Nats
99 - 104 degree highs for the week!!! Take lots of water!!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone not attending the nats and looking for a place to race, we are holding a 2 day Charity race in Hamilton Ontario Sept 8-9. All proceeds will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. We also will have a raffle and the Famous "Agnes " will be out to sell tickets and these proceed will also be donated. So please give generously as we have way too many fellow racers battling cancer.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When will pre entries open for Toledo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.