Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default NT1

Team carnage did it arrive?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default NT1

Yes it did! Leaky shocks and rr. diff and all! lol. I might run it this weekend. I ended up taking it all apart and then other family things came up..At least the X3 is ready. Gonna be a great weekend, weather-wise! Can't wait.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Looks awesome.....wish I were going!
Nice try. See you there!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

The weather is looking perfect for this weekend
Old 07-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

The weather was perfect. A great weekend of racing. 4 down and 2 to go!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats to the Racine club for hosting a smooth MWS race. Although attendence was low, the Racine club had hired help to run the races. With a new race site with low tire wear, great traction, and awesome layout, this I would have to say was the best Racine MWS event I have been to. My hats off to the host club anf those that help setup and teardown.

Congrats to those that made it out. As for those that missed, this race was a surge to revive the Racine club.

Congrats to all the main winners. And thanks to my sponsors, Mugen USA, Ninja, Tornado, KO Propo, Parma, and Faskolor.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes, great show with the Racine club. Everything went very well. Track layout and traction was very good. This type of track really separated the men from the boys as far as technicality and driving. I personally had a great time as usual and had some real close racing in the main. The touring car main was fun to watch too, with some close racing during the whole main event. Congrats to all the winners and everyone that came to this Midwest Series event. I too would like to thank my sponsors that help me race and support this fun great hobby. See my signature for them.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

So what was the top 3 in each class?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aaron_buran
So what was the top 3 in each class?
1/8th A Main
Brian Berry
Ron Trobaugh (Masters)
Dave Berry (Masters)

1/8th B Main
Mark Unger (Masters)
Allen Broecker (Masters)
Joe DeTomaso (Masters)

1/10th Outlaw
Allen Denzine
Mike Becker
Mark Unger

1/10th 200mm
Tom Esposito
Chris Doseck
Paul Lemiuex

TQs
1/8th Open - Eli Ezrow
1/8th Masters - Ron Trobaugh
1/10th Outlaw - Mark Unger
1/10th 200mm - Paul Lemiuex

By class:
1/8th Open - Brian Berry, Eli Ezrow, Aaron Alexander
1/8th Masters - Ron Trobaugh, Dave Berry, Mark Unger
1/10th Outlaw - Shown in A Main above
1/10th 200mm - Shown in A Main above
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

A big congratulations and thank you to the Racine Club and everyone that helped setup, tear down, and help run this weekends event. It ran flawlessly, had an exciting layout, good traction, and great tire wear which proofed for some exciting racing. Congrats to all the winners who really had to earn those wins. They were all pressured by the rest of the competition. For those who didn’t make it to this race, you missed the best event I’ve seen in Racine since I’ve been in the MWS. Although the turnout was low the racers that did attend had a great time.

Thoughts:
Was there anyone that didn’t WACK the right hand turn at the end of the front straightaway at least once this weekend? Or was it just me (about 6 times)?

There were 15 1/8th scales this weekend? 10 of them were Masters. Are we really getting that old?

One of these old men almost won the A-Main. One came in third and they dominated the B-Main. So Brian beat who? Everyone that was at least twice his age? Even his pitman came from the Masters Class who wasn’t fast enough to make the A. It was really fun watching Eli and Brian go at it. They really put on a great show.

The Outlaw Class is ALL old men. Maybe we should rename it. Any suggestions?
Mark

Remember to support the MWS sponsors that support the MWS.
Novarossi
Fusion Motor Sports
Max Power
JR Racing
Kyosho
Molzer Mowery Racing
Tornado Fuel
Team Associated
Brooklyan Hobbies
Futaba
Parma/PSE
Faskolor
Ed’ Specialized Tools
Sirio Engines
Old 07-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Great Time!

Mark,

Thanks for putting on a great race. Matt and I had a really good time we enjoyed the atmosphere and look forward to coming back for next year's race.

Hopefully, I can get more guys from Minnesota to come down.

Michael
Old 07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

I would like to give a big thanks to the Racine club for all the effort they put into hosting the Midwest Series race #4 this past weekend! The track layout was fun but also challenging. There were some " B-tt clinching sections" if you weren't on your toes. I know, because I riped off 3 of 4 corners off my car. Something I normally don't do. Traction was good and got better, tire wear got better, weather was perfect, attendance was low but the fun factor was great. There was some really close, exciting racing to watch. It was a treat to race at there new location this year compared to there previous site. I am all ready looking forward to next year. Hopefully next year the attendance will be better than this year. I know you won't be disappointed. The club really deserves the support. They did an outstanding job. Congratulations to all the main winners. Thanks to all the MWS sponsors for helping this great series continue.
The only downfall of the whole weekend was driving through the construction traffic in Chicago on our way home.

Dave
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

2007 Midwest Series-cimg1283.jpg
Looks like Al Denzine and I wore out Gerald Argalas's rear tires.
Sorry Gerald
Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I would like to add my thanks to the list! The club did a great job, and thanks to Bill from His & Hers hobbies for his work as Race Director! Bill recently closed the doors on his store/track, it was a popular local carpet track. It will be missed.
The track was more challenging than most. With, off-camber corners, a wavy surface that got the suspension working! That's not a complaint. It wasn't in bab shape or anything, it was just a bit wavy from cars being parked on it. There was also some elevation changes. Overall, it was a good test of driving and set-up skills. A lot of fun. I hope it is in the same place next year, and more racers show up for a great time.
I really think I should get a couple of 'bonus' points for sticking the landing on a back flip at speed on the straight!
Ron
Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Originally Posted by Mark Unger
Attachment 251194
Looks like Al Denzine and I wore out Gerald Argalas's rear tires.
Sorry Gerald

Yeh right. You two guys are just the dudes to do that!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.