2007 Midwest Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Midwest Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

We will be using a FM transmitter this weekend in addition to PA system. You might want to bring a FM radio for your pit area.

I will be out there early to start cleaning off the track surface on Friday. 5pm setup will begin. Anyone who helps out with this will recieve a free pizza and beverage when we complete.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

OK, Last day to pre-register for this weekends MWS Detroit race. It’s looking to be a good race weekend. Registration is strong and the forecasted weather is looking great.
See you there.
Mark
Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

For those interested in the Detroit racing surface, I was by there yesterday and WOW the new sealer looks good. It looks like it was just applied about 2-3 weeks ago. Those that raced there last year noticed high tire wear. I think think this year it will be greatly reduced!!!!! The sealer still has alittle grain which is good for grip. If it was shiny then it could be slick (but thats not the case).

My only thing that may bother a few is the freshly painted yellow parking lines. I personally think that is just hype if people let them effect their driving but they are new and bright yellow. I know Tom is working on updated corners (the old big flapper style) wth softer vynel/rubber rounded corners.

Should be a good weekend of racing and as Mark said, the weather is perfect, sunny and highs around 80!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, the sealer looks good. I've also have been working on something this week that might save us from broken parts. Brian, I've also added 96 feet of extra perimeter boards to our stock, you want to revise your layout ideas?

If anyone needs help with directions this weekend feel free to call me. 248.635.5715
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You mean your working on the painted board lines instead of wood boards? That would be awesome Tom. Can't wait
Old 06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

huh? what are you smokin?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tomkelley
Yes, the sealer looks good. I've also have been working on something this week that might save us from broken parts. Brian, I've also added 96 feet of extra perimeter boards to our stock, you want to revise your layout ideas?

If anyone needs help with directions this weekend feel free to call me. 248.635.5715
Tom,

Unless there are a few more interior boards we really can't do much more than what we had. We can stretch out some lanes for faster sections, but we can see as we start to setup. Maybe we can do something new????
Old 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
You mean your working on the painted board lines instead of wood boards? That would be awesome Tom. Can't wait
Eli, I guess it was a good idea that Detroit painted most of their boards white, if not the yellow boards and the parking lot lines would look the same from the driverstand......LOL

Painted lines as boards ..... haven't you heard they are starting to mandate safety features..... safe walls in RC.....

Old 06-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

I could use some safe walls

We just surpassed the most pre-registrations for any MWS Detroit race. This race has the possibility of an attendance figure that will eclipse the last 4 years. With the weather report looking great, be sure to join us this weekend.
Mark
Old 06-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Eli, help me.

The Fossil will be attending. Looking for revenge from last weekend!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fossil
The Fossil will be attending. Looking for revenge from last weekend!!
BIG THANKS to all who helped out today. The layout is new, I think its impressive. The inspiration was the tamiya kakegawa track with the drivers stand on the other side.

http://www.virtualrc.com/tracks/trac...w.aspx?prid=82

Should be a great weekend!

Good to hear your coming fossil!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Point standings and race recap is up on www.midwestseries.com after Detroit. A full report and photos will be forthcoming.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Great job Tom, the track was great!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great job Tom Kelly. Great job Bryan Young - the annoucer/race director. Great job to all the winners. Great job to all the people that came out for another great time of racing in the Midwest Series. Awesome competition this past weekend. Awesome weather, track, traction and tire wear! Remember.......you have to give props, where props are due.
Thanks to all the sponsors, both for the Midwest Series and the sponsors that continue to help me. THANKS

Brian Berry, awesome job on getting the points and data sooooooo fast.

Last edited by 1fastdude; 06-25-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Also, just got this bit of news online. Those traveling between Detroit and Toledo now can use I-280 without any delays. The long project has finally been completed and has been opened as of Sunday June 24.

See news: http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/state/17409193.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.