Wiki Posts
Search

R/C magazines

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default R/C magazines

Mags listed in the closed thread, if anyone has any comments or experience with them or any others don't hold back now will you?

Last edited by JUN; 10-20-2003 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:31 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Is this the xtreme mag everyone is talking about?
http://www.rc411.com/index2.html
Old 02-13-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Was there another thread? Wow, I'm gone for a week and everything falls apart! heh heh

I like Xtreme (rc411.com) - if you count the number of pages with content on them versus the amount of pages with only ads on them, Xtreme has nearly TWICE the ratio of content to ads - that means that compared to the other magazines Xtreme had nearly twice as much content (with regards to size) as the others - and, in the case of the December issue, the competitor had a 282 page mag, but only had as much content as Xtreme with 162 pages (not counting the back cover inside and out. . .)
Old 02-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Yes it is.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:13 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Boomer
Was there another thread? Wow, I'm gone for a week and everything falls apart! heh heh

I like Xtreme (rc411.com) - if you count the number of pages with content on them versus the amount of pages with only ads on them, Xtreme has nearly TWICE the ratio of content to ads - that means that compared to the other magazines Xtreme had nearly twice as much content (with regards to size) as the others - and, in the case of the December issue, the competitor had a 282 page mag, but only had as much content as Xtreme with 162 pages (not counting the back cover inside and out. . .)
What about quality of content,do the guys who write the mag know their stuff and do serious reviews and articles or is it more a begginer mag?
Old 02-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Jun - To answer your question from teh other thread. RCCI is nice magazine. Plenty of info but I rarely buy it. It is geared more towards Electric racers which I have little interest in now. I prefer the RCRacer mag as it has nice Nitro Info and lots of it.

And plenty of good reviews about all the different cars.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RC nitro

Personally i like Nitro magazine. I like the reviews of the kits, and the how to sections. The extreme RC mag looks interesting, where can i find it? I never seen it in any of the stores. Then again i live in cowsville, VA.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default RC WORLD

Does anyone know where to get RC World magazine. My local Japanese bookstore stopped carrying them. It's one nice mag with a glossy cover, puts RCCA to shame(but it's in Japanese).
Old 02-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default WHAT ABOUT THIS

you forgot one!!! what about an online magazine? from the UK?

go here to get the first 98 page issue FREE!!

http://www.rcracenews.co.uk/

click the magazine image on the right of the page!!
Old 02-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

How could we forget the best magazine Cartman. I already mentioned it ont he other thread that was locked and it is noted in the first post of this thread too.

This mag is gonna rock. I'll be subscribing right away.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:32 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default Re: WHAT ABOUT THIS

Modellor,thanks for the reply if it has too much electric then that is a big no no for me.So many mags too choose from,not enough time to read all of them.

Last edited by JUN; 10-20-2003 at 05:13 AM.