R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   The Best Fuel? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/133907-best-fuel.html)

going4#1 10-21-2006 07:34 PM

The Best Fuel?

I'm looking for new fuel for my 1/10th and 1/8th on-road cars, both JP powered.

Tried Tornado, didn't like the rust I got on the crankshaft. Went to O'Donnell 30 percent. No major problems. Liked the fuel but the price is significantly higher than other brands. Tried Cosmo, but it was impossible to get a consistent tune with it. Now with Mecca 25 (same as JP I've been told) and it is like O'Donnell in terms of consistency, low temps, etc but for others it seems to be killing engine bearings pretty quick. Any other fuel suggestions?

Pooh2 10-21-2006 07:54 PM

Try byron fuel..

theRED5 10-21-2006 08:55 PM

Byron's is great but check the signature...

Hey Pooh :D

wallyedmonds 10-21-2006 09:20 PM

if you got rust from tornado your doing somthing weird.

Pooh2 10-21-2006 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by theRED5
Byron's is great but check the signature...

Hey Pooh :D

Whats good?

itchy b 10-22-2006 12:30 AM

runner time is a good fuel that gives great power and low temps :)

EEChris 10-22-2006 12:33 AM

You should give Maxy's Fuel a try. I've noticed that it burns cleaner, more run time and best of all more punch. The internals do not show any type of rust and all of the internals are really shiny and this is after a hard race weekend.

mugendude 10-22-2006 07:33 AM

rocket science fuel is awsome cinsistant tune and keeps piston verry clean plus it makes you engine last a long time :blush:

MBlackketter 10-22-2006 09:23 AM

Works= 2006 1/8th National Champion-Ralph Burch Jr.

DaRollaRacer 10-22-2006 10:00 AM

I have never ever had any problems with Tornado, in fact, I find it to be the best fuel I have ever ran. The engine internals are spotless.

My second favourite would have to be O'Donnel. Gotta love the smell :lol:

Dave

rc racing dude 10-22-2006 01:01 PM

Maxy's team edition, Awesome , top shelf performance all the away!!!!! :nod:

Corse-R 10-22-2006 01:57 PM

Runnertime. For me the best of the best fuels available, expensive, but you will like it. Don't know where you are, but tried Tornado and Mecca (MeccaFuel?) and Cosmo.. Uhm... strange, the first are European made and the other is Japanese origin... where you are? :weird:

P.S: If you are in OZ, give a try to RunnerTime, I know some aussies that after giving a try to it for the worlds, switched to it.

BTW: RunnerTime is only Castor oil based so your engines will get a toasted look, don't worry for this, try it and look how the engine remains after using it... you will not need After Run never more.

going4#1 10-22-2006 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Runnertime. For me the best of the best fuels available, expensive, but you will like it. Don't know where you are, but tried Tornado and Mecca (MeccaFuel?) and Cosmo.. Uhm... strange, the first are European made and the other is Japanese origin... where you are? :weird:

P.S: If you are in OZ, give a try to RunnerTime, I know some aussies that after giving a try to it for the worlds, switched to it.

BTW: RunnerTime is only Castor oil based so your engines will get a toasted look, don't worry for this, try it and look how the engine remains after using it... you will not need After Run never more.

I'm working in South Korea due to my job. Would love to try RunnerTime or Maxy's but neither are here. :cry:

kcrunchone 10-22-2006 07:38 PM

I would tell you to use White lightning, but it will soon be no more. It is for me at the moment one of the best fuels I have tried to date. After WL is done I will be trying BK or Byron's not sure yet will make the choice in the off season,

daniz24 10-22-2006 10:06 PM

Hands down, RunnerTime/JP is the best fuel I've tried so far. :cool: