Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of buying Virtual Rc -- user opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just to let you guys know a vrc4 should be coming out soon. It should entail some major upgrades from what I hear. It could end up being quite a realistic game after all.

For anyone deciding if they want to get it , wait until the v4 comes out and people give there opinions then.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

V4 is supposed to have electric as well as carpet tracks, maybe even off-road. This will be the one to have. I don't think they will have a track editor though, that would cause competition with theirselves. I wouldn't expect that.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I did beta testing for VRC and it was pretty fun, just back then it was single car and alot of changes as they refined the code. I am thinking about getting back into it since ive gota better connection then I did then and building a much better system.Would yall recommend using my m8 as the transmitter or is the standalone transmitter they have pretty good? When I did beta I used an old am radio with the usb adaptor.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Rookie

i haven't used any of their transmitters but in my opinion it helps using your own transmitter with the usb adaptor as you avoid having to adapt to a different tx all over again. in addition you get all the adjustability of your m8 and you spend more time with your radio which is always a good thing.

it also helped me alot to get the feeling of my new tx when i changed some time ago.

i never had any problems with the usb adaptor if that's what you're asking.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Just to let you guys know a vrc4 should be coming out soon.
any idea on how soon this whould be?

off topic: how do i edit my post?

edit: never mind
Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nObRaIn
i haven't used any of their transmitters but in my opinion it helps using your own transmitter with the usb adaptor as you avoid having to adapt to a different tx all over again. in addition you get all the adjustability of your m8 and you spend more time with your radio which is always a good thing.

it also helped me alot to get the feeling of my new tx when i changed some time ago.

i never had any problems with the usb adaptor if that's what you're asking.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Virtual racing really helps a lot, I've realized it a couple of years ago; years earlier the VirtualRC project even started. There was a VRC-1 adapter by Serpent which was connecting your reciever to PC's game-port and it appeared as a standard joystick for the PC. Due to absence of a good software simulator on the market I've used a very old game by Papyrus - Indycar Racing 2. Of course it's completely different in driving that and an RC car, still the game had a good physics and helped a lot, at least not to loose your skills in the periods of RC inactivity.

I'm from Moscow, Russia, and as the racing season is over over here, and no nitro racing till end of may possible, I'm planning to obtain a copy of VirtualRC with a USB-adaptor too.

nObRaIn: As for the VRC v4 it's only planned out fall 2007.

Excuse my English, guys! I hope it's still clear.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

hey, thanks for the info serpvect. now this brings another question. what happens when the new version comes out? is it still a free update like it used to be or is it a new game that we have to buy all over again?

i have to admit that i didn't have the time to search properly yet, but i still think that after all these changes there is a lot of confusion around vrc and very little information (if any).
Old 11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got this game week ago have not been able to put it down, little tough at first to run on some tracks. I am sure this will help everyone driving.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi There Guy's
I have a question, Do you have the options for a tamiya trf 415 ms or other brands can someone give me a list.
Thanks
Addam
Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure, but I like to see our Las Vegas track as track selection.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I live in an apartment. The closest track is at least 40 minutes away. VRC has helped me out heaps with driving style. I use the USB adaptor and find it very useful.
I am pretty new to racing and with the advice from the old hands at the track and practice on VRC, my driving is getting better.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Smostyn
Do you live southport gold coast. If so I live Robina gold coast.
Does Virtual RC have the tamiya range.
Thanks
Addam
Old 11-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hey Smostyn
Do you live southport gold coast. If so I live Robina gold coast.
Does Virtual RC have the tamiya range.
Thanks
Addam

Theres only one model per class which is used for all brands so you can choose any brand you want but your still driving the same car, the only variation I can remember hearing about is in the choice of gear ratios between brands.