Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
TO hot Need help >

TO hot Need help

TO hot Need help

Old 02-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation TO hot Need help

I have a NovaMEga Engine the SX.12 with rotart carb it im just breaking it in right now and the Temp Wont go down its at 5 turn High end and 2.5 Low end it just doesnt want to go down. im at tank 2 for Idle and its Still running at 257-277 and its hard i try richening the High. Please talk to me AIM me TheNiceAzn or e-mail me [email protected]
Old 02-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Nitro Tech

Smile

When your engine is still being run-in, the temperature will be higher.Because the piston and sleeve are still tight.The friction brings heat.You may need to rich the low speed needle.Because the low-speed needle is adjust idle flow rate of the fuel.As time goes on, the temperature will become normal. At this point you can begin leaning the needle incrementally and keep it around 100~120C (212~248F).
Old 02-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

I'm sorry, but that is overly hot. Check for something like airleaks. Your engine should be around 180 when breaking in at idle.