Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys.

I just spoke with Rick not to long ago.
In regard of the above matters.
For now, Voting for VP and other acting positions
will be done 2007.
Meeting/Club Racing will be held this Sunday.
9:00 -10:45am. Racing will start right after.
Richie will be there with tyres/parts for those of
you that will be racing after the drivers meeting.

Thanks Greg
Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Rick -

Let me start by saying you and the guys directly involved in the formation of the FRRacers have done a great job of parlaying a deal with the parks department in having a dedicated track that is "free of charge" and available to the public.

Now in regards to placing drivers or promoting class "segregation" I think we need to be careful about what we do. People need to feel like they're striving for something. If folks get "locked" into a class because they are "slower" how will they ever get faster? As a fast guy, you want to run with guys faster than yourself so that you improve...right?

There's also a difference between a "slower" guy and a "hack". There are guys who may have fast cars and qualify for an "A/B" main who may be a hack. You need people to referee in order to make calls on any "gross" hacking. Educating drivers nw & old is key to everyone improving. If someone T-Bones your pipe b/c they refused to slow down when you're already mid-corner in a qualifier, they should be penalized. I think enforcement of the rules as well as club vote which would result in a 1 lap (qualifying) reduction in any club race for the next 2 races would force folks to be more considerate. The "slower" guys should be weeded-out by their lap-times and should not present any danger to a good driver once a re-shuffle occurs after the first/second qualifier.

just my .02 cents.
Kyosho Rich

Kyosho Rich,
I believe you hit it right on the head. You do not need to be a slower driver to be a hack. Hacking should be dealt with on a serious level. Those who have been driving for a while, should know about where they stand. If you make the A or B, or any qual or race, some common curtesy needs to be shown. Just like in 1:1 racing, when being lapped by a faster car, give him the line. If they qualify, they race together. Did you ever see the difference in the top cars there compare to the bottom? This is a club and all should feel they have a chance to improve and reap the rewards of hard work. Just because you may not be up to speed in the beginning of the year, doesn't mean in 2 months you cannot catch up and at least compete, esp for those who cannot afford to travel all winter to race and say sharp in the off season. If there is a split, it can become more them and us instead of we. Also, there will be enough who may want to run in the sportsman class to learn.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys I feel that this Sunday this meeting will set the tone for the 2007 season. I will call Pooh personally on the day of the vote so that he is able to put in his vote as well as voice his concerns. So Pooh charge your battery on the cel. LOL... We will keep the meeting focused and will only reign in on the problem at hand and not let the meeting go astray. At the point a judgement is made by the masses that is the action that will be taken and if at any point as I said that it causes issues that are detrimental to racing whatever the plan is at that point will be scrapped and it is back to the drawing board.

I will voice my thoughts at the meeting and I take this time to thank all of those that took time out to make your thoughts known at this time, we will take all of your ideas in the process's.

thanks RCTECH community of racers

Originally Posted by GUINT1
Hey Guys.

I just spoke with Rick not to long ago.
In regard of the above matters.
For now, Voting for VP and other acting positions
will be done 2007.
Meeting/Club Racing will be held this Sunday.
9:00 -10:45am. Racing will start right after.
Richie will be there with tyres/parts for those of
you that will be racing after the drivers meeting.

Thanks Greg
Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not sayin they should'nt b in the A if they earn it. I just don't think the slower guys should qualify with the faster guys. This keeps it fair. If ur just as fast as an A main guy, u should b able 2 run the main with him. Just don't slow a faster guy up and it makes it harder 4 him 2 TQ.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Rick, I will make sure my phone is charged. I might b racing at the time. If so, I'll stop 2 hear the meeting.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I'm not sayin they should'nt b in the A if they earn it. I just don't think the slower guys should qualify with the faster guys. This keeps it fair. If ur just as fast as an A main guy, u should b able 2 run the main with him. Just don't slow a faster guy up and it makes it harder 4 him 2 TQ.
This seems a whole lot fairer for all. I was thinking this before, but only for the first qual. If someone in the lower group rips an A qual time, maybe he should be allow to run the next heat where the time belongs, since they too have a chance and should not be held back. Hope to see all sunday
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well this is good news to hear the is club trying to address the problem. This is my first year racing at this track, since I used to go far for a good race. I considered myself a medium pace racer because I do not go out every weekend and race. I think that racers should be considerate, but that it's easier said than done. When at these other tracks, there was always re-shuffling, and that really helped to weed the slow drivers. Hence preventing all the bumping around with the faster guys. So, personally I champion the reshuffle on every qualifier, as well as offering a sportsman class for new guys or folks that hardly ever race. This way there is an opportunity for new or un-skilled drivers to improve. Locking them into a class for the season is not fair for people anwyays. Black flagging hackers should be something that the race director should initiate especially when calling the race.

In terms of bad budget, I would recomend to the club to reach out to local Hobby stores that are willing to sponsor a race or two. This way you can offer a variety of racing opportunities and make people more welcomed while offering a prize or so without breaking the bank.

Just my two cents.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

We have to make the races more structured and definitely deal with the hacks as we see them. Slower guys are not a problem often for a good driver because all you have to do is go pass that individual. The slower racer is not a hack and they always try and yield to the faster guy in the safest manner possible. Let not lose our focus here the topic is not about slower guys, that is what qualifiers are for to separate according to lap times. THE MAIN issue here is what to do with a hack or a person that makes several bad movements in a single days event not just in a single qualifier. We must deal with the issues.

For those that will attend the meeting this Sunday please come with the pros and cons of your ideas on paper, so that in our off season we can possibly take points from everyone to make a better racing season for us
all.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default sportsman class

So the meeting that was supposed to set the tone for the 2007 season never took place! Instead a very thrown together race took place and Racing at floyd bennett field has hit Rock Bottom!

Well for starters the turnout for this meeting/race was lil to none. I showed up at the track about 9:15 only to see 4 or 5 guys. The turnout was so low I didn't think we were going to race. I even suggested to Rick that we should just run the computer all day and have it call lap times since there was only 20 guys at the track. But what I realized this weekend is that this racing thing is a Business. About 1:30 Dred came around with the clipboard taking entry fees. After coming back from the drive with my wife to the bathroom (another joke) .I found that there were 2 heats posted. No vote, no meeting, no drivers meeting. Just pay your entry and get your dumb ass out there and race with 10 guys in 1 heat and 10 in the other. LOL boy oh boy! Well I was in the 1st heat of only 2, along with guys who were some of the main ones I was there to talk about sportsman about. The horn goes off and the drag race of a qualifier begans. All 10 cars go at the same time! This is a qualifier not a Drag race!! Oh I forgot there's no orderly conduct in BK this is how it's done! LOL

Well after crashing out 2 min into the 5 min drag race of a qualifier, I went to rick and demanded my $15.00 entry fee back. I decided that if this is gonna be treated like such a business then i'm gonna either get good service or ask for a refund and take my business elswhere, this is pretty sad. We get suckered out to Floyd for a meeting that never took place and racing hits a all time low to finsih off the season! Nice way to end things for the 06 season. FRR
Old 10-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

I hope things get better. Rick, I think u gotta step in and do something soon! As u can c, it's not only me that have a problem with the things that go on there. I know the crew put in alotta hard work. There is room 4 improvement.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Hmmmm!!!! wow
Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

First off this is not a business for any of us that have put our time and money into this and are not getting a dime back so please spare me your antics. NUMBER 2 I clearly stated that the meeting was not going to take place because of the low turn out and you are one VOTE in a crowd of 20 and the others said they wanted to race.

If you felt that way, I did not notice. I noticed that you were rather short with me and had a bit of an attitude after you broke your car and to be honest you can meet me anywhere and talk to me this airing on the web is nice for those that wish to sling mud from behind a key board. This is not my style nor will it solve anything but you chose this venue.

The problems that you are talking about have existed before you and I knew what a remote was. It will not and can not be solved over night and you or I certainly won’t solve it. Taurean if you really had a problem then why did you even bother to run at all. A business are you kidding if this were any business any true business person would have let the damn ship sink! I am not going to the Winter Nats so that we could have a place to race, you want to know the amount of the check I wrote. It hurt me when the speakers were missing and it even hurts more to know that you feel this is the place for this. Others see it for what it is an attempt to make things better but not putting the energy in the right direction.

I don’t get paid I do the paying so save that business crap. I did not want to do things in this manner but since you want it this way then here it is. When you start your car at any other track and please don’t tell me you never went away and got tangled around because when you go away you are not a local fast guy you are just another racer. Another racer that no one knows nor cares about and they use your stats in Quals to place you where you belong. We can try and do any plan, will it work who knows. If while watching any of the races by TRUE PROS they bang each other as well and often are set back and very often get broken as well. I watched Baker scream on Paulo after his car had HELD TQ position at GLC and was well on his way to be a possible podium if not take the win. I have seen many non-sponsored racers take National titles and other titles did they not deserve or have a right to be there. We are not pros and we spend. We all spend our money whether hard earned or not it is money spent to race. So lets not make this a long drawn out ordeal facing facts that if the pros bang amateurs will to. You are no exception to this rule.

The racing program will grow, I asked you to be on the committee even before the problems or issued arose that was so desperately asked for by you and a few other racers. A SPORTSMAN class, tell me how can a sportsman class be run if there are only 6 guys to place to run with you. SO you believe a guy that bumps up from the B main does not deserve to run with you. Are you serious I watched a touring car run past you guys and lead the race. That speaks volumes for that mans skills. I have really tried my best but to be honest I asked you to be part of the solution.

I have talked to many club owners which by the way none of us are owners and all of them have told me the same thing, by putting funds in it will take years to get back anything. Ask Joe Hose, Joe Fucillie ask Rich T. , Ted Hammer, Jose,John S, Brian Berry, hell ask Chavo he is a local call and easy to reach any of those racers/ Club Pres/ operators what it takes to run a club. You have a shoestring of Diehards that are dedicated and you try to make the best of the help you have and make racing fun for all. Complaining is easy to do, making it happen is a real task. Put whatever plan you have on paper and lets weigh out the pros and cons. I don’t think that any new club plans to fail most fail to PLAN. In all earnestly we have overcome many hurdles and have made it this far. Now the issue is one that is really worth a little discussion to solve or find something to adapt that will work in our application of it. It is not your words that hurt but the lack of your willingness to try or solve or attempt to resolve the issues. I know from experience it is easier to point the finger and be a NAY sayer than to get on the end of the rope and pull. For you to even suggest that this is a business of any sort only shows me that you should try and make one race happen, just one. Deal with the officials, the rangers, the issues, the racers, the multitude of problematic individuals problems, state police, federal forms, legal fees for the forms filed and all of this so that WE can race. Most of which none realized have been funded by myself and the great group of guys that I have that actually have the clubs back.

DUDE talk to me but never talk at me, I respect you and still do feel you are a bit out of line but you are upset and may be rightfully so, but walk a mile in my shoes before you jump on me! ! Same as you I am not the one! Dont feel that I am mad with you I am not I just felt the need to say what I felt needed to be said.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Rick, please give me a call. Taurean is right. There has 2 b some changes soon.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Rick, u gotta pm.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default In review of the day

In review of the day and all the occurrences and events that have happened this is a petty one. We will eventually work out what ever matters need to be worked out.

I bring words to those in R1 that know Darrel Brown some came to know as Big Darrel past away. Not many racers can say they ran with him because he did not race often but did come out when his health was in better conditions. He was an inspiration to me in doing and implementing actions. We that know him or those that know of him know that he was in the hobby and a diehard junky like many of us. We will miss you BIG D.

A few hours prior to typing or voicing my indignations my Aunt by marriage suffered a massive coronary and is holding on by a prayer. So I take into consideration the relevant importance realizing by all means that life is to short, we should be enjoying it. If racing is what gets your rocks off then by all means do so. This hobby is a safe haven for many we need to count the blessings that are handed to us and enjoy pleasant company: friends, family, wives and children. I will not take this any further until a positive outcome can be purposefully deduced. This is not a waste of time but in the light of things it is but a small blade of grass in the wake of a forest of trees. The issues have plagued and tormented racers from the derivation of this sport and may be the alpha and omega of it as well. So I can honestly deduce that we can feud from now till the second coming and may still solve nothing. So if we can all work on matters of greater importance lets do so and as for this matter lets tackle the issue as it arises and see what can emerge from the coadunation or melding of the minds. I am one of an optimistic nature while bordering on a pessimistic nature but see there are greater things in life to deal with. So let our racing be an enjoyment a gathering of sorts to celebrate, sportsmanship, comradery, competitiveness and at the same time sportsman like conduct. May be in time others will live by the do as I see rule and try and follow in our footsteps but we must first learn to lead by example and be willing to see faults in others that can possibly be swayed, changed or dispossessed. Lets enjoy the track and treat it for what it is. SANCTUARY & SOLACE....

In closing we mourn the loss of our brother Darrel Brown AKA BIG D

one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.