Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Region 1 Sportsmans Class

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have no problem with doing what I have to do to make things work. My issue with sportsman is that you have to pass out double on trophies that is an expense that the club can not take on especially without a real budget. I dont have all the answers but I know I have a million questions, if we can solve a few it is progress.

As far as making the calls on who goes where I have no problem with that. The real thing is that we maintain a fun environment with out separating the racers but still allowing all to have a good race. It will work we will group the faster racers according to the practice times and see what happens and take it from there. As far as a sportsman class is concerned I am not in favor of it it has to many drawbacks at the moment.

I know that people are not going to like what is going to happen at first but they will learn to live with it and it will become LAW. I am learning that the blade has two sides and it cuts both ways. If we let the lap times speak for the racers this will end a few issues, but never all of them.

Many people are satisfied with just having a nice facility to race on. We will never squash all of the beefs or settle all of the concerns but at least we can try one step at a time. When we announce the next meeting I hope to see everyone out in full force with ideas and solutions.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Make me Vice Prez! That prolly will piss guys off. If things where fair I'd have a chance at becomming Vice president. But bcuz guys have problems with me it would NEVER happen. That's unfair.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

It is not unfair and you can easily put your name on the ballet and have a vote at the next meeting. At the start of the race season we will have a vote to host positions. Let the voices be heard let them vote, if I just add you on the bill just like that, that is not fair. Put it to the people .

We will make it, we are a young club and still growing. In time we will be spoke of in circles if ever given the chance to evolve.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

I dont want to beat the post up or beat it back to life but there are answers out there and we just have to continue working at them until we find one that will work in conjunction with a race day.

If you guys want to try a shootout I have no complaints about it but first and foremost you have to be able to attend both days. I have to be able to get someone to operate the PC both days. Some one will have to step up to the plate and come to my house and pick up the equipment on the Saturday since I have burned away all of my chances to take Saturdays with the past racing season. There can be a few ways to solve the issue but we must work at it together. So the next time a meeting is announced and only 10 people show and those 10 people vote I really dont want to hear next week what should be done because the voices that were present SPOKE.

I will try and get the consensus of days that all can make the meetings and if you cannot I suggest that you burn some minutes and call me on the speakerphone when the vote is made because once we launch the plan into action it is either going to sink or swim. If after a few races the improvement that is spoken of is not shown and racing even looks like it will suffer I personally will at that point scrap what ever plan is DRAGGING racing down.

Remember most are not pros and not on the level of many but it is still all about FUN, having fun. If the task becomes a job and feels like work we will lose the helpful team that I currently have and I am not ready or willing to take on any more than I am doing because then it will become work for me and I dont want that nor need it. This is my release and I will not let my RACING SUFFER or anyone else. WE WILL NEED TO HELP OUT EACH OTHER AND KEEP FUN ALIVE.

So I say document your plans dont just come to me with an idea in your head put it on paper, a blue print even rough scaled can give us an idea or direction to take it in. If there is not a drafted plan for actions and a course of action for the negative and the positive of the plan then it will not work
Old 10-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Personally, I really don't want a shootout. And that's only because I don't think everybody will b able 2 make it both days. I feel that the drivers that have been putting in the most work over the YEARS, r due the up most respect. Drivers like Alex, Richie, Taurean, Vidal, Charlie, Dean, myself and others. Have made racing what it is 2day in R1. Guys that look at us and try and beat us should respect the work we've put in. I feel all of the faster guys have at some point done things 2 help the newer guys. And I'm sure we'll do the same in the future. But these guys don't respect us on the track. All i'm trying 2 say is, the fast guy's r well know at floyed. Put the faster guys with the faster guys. And the guys that r a lil bit slower with the slower guys. Like I said, have a vote. Let's c what happens at that point.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default sportsman class

Sun/mon/tues are good for me right now rick. Those are my days off. I'd be willing to meet preferably on Sun, but mon/or tues is good too.

As for qual day, I say hell yeah! And I say that because the guys need to get the opportunity to get there chance to be placed among the top 20. Pooh I agree I could name the top 20, and the remaining 20. But we all know there are guys who aint gonna be comfortable with were they're gonna be listed. So that's why the qual day should be done. I'm not even sure if i'll be able to make it 2 days, but. I don't think it should be required that you make the 2day shootout. I said make it a 2 day event that will give you 8 quals. 4 on sat 4 on sun. Having 4 quals is enough for me, all I need is 1. The qualification should be treated like any other race without the main. If you can't make it both days and you come to the track and lay down a good one it should place you within those top 10 and that will be all that is required.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default sportsman class

Emily and I talked today about the day when rob poage was running the races. I can say there are a handfull or more of us from NY who really said some bad things about bob. He was constantly on that damn mike. LOL Drivers this, racers that, announcing who was driving rough, complenting who was doing good. Always being aggressive about marshals track maintnence during runs etc. I swear I was telling Emily it was Bob who really whipped us into shape from early on. He taught us a lot about what was and wasn't allowed on and off the track. We talked bad about him at fisrt because that was us just resisting. Now that we look back he was pretty instrumental it teaching us some track etiquette. We didn't even know it was taking place. LOL

Thanks Bob.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Taurean, these guys just don't get it.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

So I have asked a few guys to come up with solutions I have even asked a few Pro drivers what to do or what they think. When all of the plans are put on the table and all of the votes tabulated. We will draft a group of individuals to complete this end of the project and see what will happen, Pooh get in touch with G Unit and he can fill you in more on what is going to transpire.

Like you say I have a Floyd to run and I cant take away from the time that I must delegate to family, RC projects, work, Union affairs, my plate is full I need a few good men to take on the job. If any wish to participate in the solutions please send them to me and we will put your name on them so that you take credit for a plan if successful we will all benefit if not we just go back to the drawing board. No matter what remember that it is a family oriented fun filled program that all clubs try and run. We are going to crack down on a lot of things that will make it better for all. The racers might not like me after this season but they will have great racing ! ! !
Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Taurean, these guys just don't get it.
A lot of people get it but Taureans post speaks volumes, there was someone that was implementing and instilling within you drivers etiquette. This over the years made you all that participated in that program the racers you are today. But just to go back to my point about a lawless society. Back in the day do you remember when a neighbor would beat the stuffing out of you and take you home and mom would beat the tar out of you and dad would then come home and beat your A**. I know I remember but now the point is this no one would dare say anything to the youths of today for fear of reprisal or lack of caring it is the same in our sport. IF the microphone is a belt lets start eating some A**, if the Marshall pit guard that is aligned by the wall watching calls for a car to be shut down by the pit man after the driver has received 2 warnings then this is what must be done. They, we you me we all will learn and this is called the subconscious installation of etiquette. In my psychology it is a method used to train and the participant becomes an unwilling student. Now we all know not all students make the grade but if we teach 20-30 guys that will be the start.

I remember watching you guys run in a circle with the on road when I was into off road and laughing at you all because you could not even turn the damn car left and I am not going to get specific, but there is a learning curve that we all must adhere to. I dont remember seeing anyone start out a natural in the game. We will come up with several plans and make one of them work.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Rick -

Let me start by saying you and the guys directly involved in the formation of the FRRacers have done a great job of parlaying a deal with the parks department in having a dedicated track that is "free of charge" and available to the public.

Now in regards to placing drivers or promoting class "segregation" I think we need to be careful about what we do. People need to feel like they're striving for something. If folks get "locked" into a class because they are "slower" how will they ever get faster? As a fast guy, you want to run with guys faster than yourself so that you improve...right?

There's also a difference between a "slower" guy and a "hack". There are guys who may have fast cars and qualify for an "A/B" main who may be a hack. You need people to referee in order to make calls on any "gross" hacking. Educating drivers nw & old is key to everyone improving. If someone T-Bones your pipe b/c they refused to slow down when you're already mid-corner in a qualifier, they should be penalized. I think enforcement of the rules as well as club vote which would result in a 1 lap (qualifying) reduction in any club race for the next 2 races would force folks to be more considerate. The "slower" guys should be weeded-out by their lap-times and should not present any danger to a good driver once a re-shuffle occurs after the first/second qualifier.

just my .02 cents.
Kyosho Rich
Old 10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

interesting!!!! shoot out sounds good to me
Old 10-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
interesting!!!! shoot out sounds good to me
A vote sounds better 2 me.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Yes Pooh, a vote on what action to take would be the best and right thing to do. This is no dictatorship and we cannot make a decision without hearing the voice of the people who are paying their money to race.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
A vote sounds better 2 me.
yes having a meeting and takeing a vote by the racers was what i was saying from the start rather than pointing the blame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.