Wiki Posts
Search

White lightning Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default White lightning Fuel

It is going to be ashamed to know that white lightning fuel is not going to be in my tank possibly for next season. The fuel is being pulled from production. It really hurts to think that it won’t be around. They believe that racers are going to use the blue goo but if it is not the lightning I have to switch, I just can’t see puttin the blue gremlins in my engines.

Tq
Rocket Science
BK
Byrons ( ? )

Narrowing down the choices to the above. What are your thoughts? ON the choices and the fact White Lightning will be off shelves.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Umm....the "new" Blue Thunder W8 (I think that's what it's called) is the same thing as White Lightning...just blue in color. I didn't notice (neither did he) any difference in DiFazio's car when he switched, although his engines were running cooler and had his "normal" amount of power from his engines.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

hp8 is the new Blue Thunder replacement for whitelightning. It seems to run about the same as WL did, but the blue dye is a deal breaker for me too. I tore my enigne down after one race day & it had unacceptable amounts of green gunk inside.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Byrons is a good choice. Heard good things about Rocket science (never tried it though).
I ran Trinity Platinum last Sunday & it worked good for me.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im not defending or adbocating any brand, but I believe that the "blue/pink/purple/ gunk" is still there, you dont see it because its clear, but its still there.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awww, that is a shame. I've been running WL 30% for a couple years now. It's pretty easy to tune. Just a little hard to see how much is left in the tank.

But by accident I took on my own nitro challenge. At the last MWS race, my pit guy (I won't mention Ira's name) accidentally filled me up with our other friend's fuel bottle (Byron RACE 3000 30%). I was freakin out a bit, but he told me to run with it. Surprisingly, I didn't see any loss in performance the whole race. In fact, I thought for sure I'd need to pit and get tuned, but she ran as smooth if not smoother, same temps, no plug issues, perfect milage, and it actually felt more crisp out of the corners.

When I tore my engine down, she was as clean as a whistle. No gunk, no worries, no nothing.

So if I had to tell you which brand to switch too, I'd say, go with Byron RACE Fuel. Because everyone and their mothers choose Byron Originals Fuel. Plus, they believe in their fuel so much that they pay cash contingencies for winning particular races with their fuel. So next season, I'll definitely be breaking in some engines with RACE.

Check out Marc Jensen @ the Byron Race giving our local boy a trophy. Great job Nick! Awesome shirt Marc! And thanks Ira for making me try it!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

ROCKET SCIENCE makes a great fuel. It is very similar to the Trinity Planium fuel. I have been running it for two years. (1/8 on road)
Old 10-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Initiate

They pulled it out of production due to COREX drunk all of it and turned blue to black in color.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by FOCKYERDODER
They pulled it out of production due to COREX drunk all of it and turned blue to black in color.
Hey FOCKY you did not mention that you were their drinking it with me and actually you drink most of it that is why your head is so F@#% up.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My thing is that I have used blue thunder in the past for my truck bashing error, but have since out grown playing with the gummy bears inside the engine. I just dont feel the same about the fuels. I had so much faith in my engines reaction to WL but I will have to plan what is in my engines future wisely. There are a few choices out and trial and error will make the choice after a few test and tunes next season...
Old 10-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
My thing is that I have used blue thunder in the past for my truck bashing error, but have since out grown playing with the gummy bears inside the engine. I just dont feel the same about the fuels. I had so much faith in my engines reaction to WL but I will have to plan what is in my engines future wisely. There are a few choices out and trial and error will make the choice after a few test and tunes next season...
Krunchrome,
I suggest you try the Maxy's pro racing fuel, I'm sure you will be surprise how good this fuel is, the proof is when you are done running it, open the engine and check the internals, guaranty you that it will look as good as brand new, it burns cleaner, it runs richer, cooler and great power with good runtime
Old 10-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

TORNADO and thats all ill say TRY IT YOULL LIKE IT REALY I DID
Old 10-07-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
TORNADO and thats all ill say TRY IT YOULL LIKE IT REALY I DID
IS THAT WHY YOUR ENGINES BLEW UP? So that is your secret Tornado Fuel WOW!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Krunch, In NYC mostly everyone likes Byron race, but I am working something out to maybe try to get Maxxy's fuel up here.

I hear a lot of good stuff aboutt it.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BYRONS,ROCKET SCIENCE. 2 OF THE BEST! ANY ONE OF THESE WILL KEEP YOU HAPPY.TRIED WL THINK IT FALLS SHORT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.