Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Avavce K2-X

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mugen Avavce K2-X

I haven't found any good web sites that offer any good info about different set-ups for this beast has any of you seen or know of any?????
Old 11-01-2002, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/...me?conf=mugen1

and

http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/...ome?conf=mugen

Fiddle around with logging onto the site first and then cutting and pasting the above links. I think you have to be logged on before you can get to these sites.

Its the only place that I've found that you can still post about the car. (mugen conference NOT mugen1) There are some cool mods that are posted there.

How do you like the car? How long have you been running it? I've had mine for over 3 years but just started running it last summer. IMHO the car is a pleasure to work on and run. Have fun.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

The car is fantastic, I got it earlier this spring, ran a ten week series finishing second to a guy that has been running serpent impact for a few years. After the series was over, I let him drive it with just a few minor tweaks to the setup that was different from factory and he was very very impressed with how the car handled in and out of the turns( tight road course track size 100ftx65ft think there are 15 turns and a so so straight away more for the touring cars that we run, but we wanted to see how the acvance and impact cars would handle on a track this small under race conditions under the lights)I didn't get the avance time when I signed up for Ohio (10th nats.) would have loved to run on that track with it. By the way the web site is great,I read alot of threads got a lot of good info to play with.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Yep,
I did not have much luck with the 2speed, that set screw always seemed to backout on me. So I did the MRX3 mod, works like a dream now.

I tried the RD Logics 15 pipe this weekend. Tons of bottom end (ok top end). Good pipe for the money though.

You guys running 4wd or 2wd? What motor you running?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

We are running them in 4wd mode. Front oneways and solid rear axles, except the serpent guys have been trying an actural diff rear that they found some where, better rear traction on a tight track. I only hane one motor until later next month, but I am running the MS 7 port Turbo, talk about bottom end, it will stand the car up on its rear wheels if you set the clutch right. I drove for about 15 ft. just to try it before I let off the gas. There is a 5 or 7 port I think made by Nova Mega the is around 180-200 dollars that I will end up getting and keeping the MS motor for the huge 280 ft straight away track that should have run for the past few weekends but because of the snipper at the time he called it off and has not rescheduled as of yet. Where do you run, we are over on the east coast. Do you have any trouble with the back end coming out from under you after a tight turn (getting right back into the gas) posted on the other site but haven't heard anything back yet. It will explain it a little better. Gotta go eat check back in a bit.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

I posted some pics of the track where I run and my setup on starting grid. There are mutliple Avance owners there, so we can all benefit from eachothers info there. I do suffer from the rear end coming out when my tire split goes away. There is'nt much I can do about it since 40/35 is about the only thing I can get my hands on without paying serious $$$. So I endup using new sets of tires for mains and everything else for practice and heats.

I've got my eye on a Collari modified RB X15 and a JP CX15. The RB is way expensive but hey the class is called 4wd open right?
Old 11-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where are you located? Have you ever checked out the line of arrows tyres for the avance. I believe they were just bought out by someone else, the hobby shop I deal with canget me what ever tyre I want and I know he is will to ship them if I need them. He shipped tyres to me while I was in Ohio for the nats. this past summer. Let me know your area and I will speak with him.

Do you feel JB mod is worth the money, if I needed anymore motor the collari seems the way to go (just from what I have seen with their12's and 21's.They both hallass (stock). Where is your setup? is it on the Conference 2002 or the older?
Old 11-06-2002, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

I'm located in the Los Angeles area. I've tried the Arrow's but the local place that I got them at sold them for $48 and change. They are a superior tire then the Ufra Picco tires I am running, but I only pay $36 for those. How much do you get yours for? If you have a source for Arrows at a cheaper price, I would be forever grateful.

JP's are fast. The 12's and 21's around here are butt fast. There is a local shop that is trying to get rid of his last JP CX15 in stock. He's willing to let it go for a very good price. Thats why I was considering that motor. Only problem is the CX15 is still a 3port. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is ballistic, but if I am running 4wd open, why not go 7port, turbo, modified, like the RB Collari modifieds and similar? A JP CX15 would be the perfect answer for 2wd ROAR legal class. IMHO. If you have a 2wd class and are interested, I can hook you up with the guy.

Yep, I posted in the 2002 mugen conference (the new one). Its under the Avance Reliability thread. Is that you in there asking about the tail end swinging out getting back on throttle after a tight turn?

You run 8th scale at all? I just got an MRX3, man awesome car. The speed freak in me just could not resist. After running 8th scale I end up being able to drive the h@#*ll out of my Avance. Do you have a indoor carpet track? I heard running 12th scale modified pancar is also fast. Everything else just seems like slow motion after that.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see you are on line you say $48.00 is that for front and rear what do you get charged for your fronts then your rears
Old 11-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

I don't remember for sure, this was about 3 months ago. Fronts were like $23 and rears were like $25
Old 02-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default parts for sale

guys,

i have a few parts for the avance for sale.list of parts include chassis/upperdeck/oneway/solid axle and lots more....let me know if anyone is interested and i will take pics of it
Old 02-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes I am interested to see what you have to offer please take some pics!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

mobil1rac - PM me your email add.....i'll send you the pics
Old 02-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

ok for the guys that PM me for the pic...here you go

only thing missing are the front/rear shock and towers.....2nd gear s stripped....engine has been used for 1 season....and also 1 front left dogbone is missing...included 1 pair brand new rear tires all for $135shipped....let me know
Attached Thumbnails Mugen Avavce K2-X-p1010054.jpg  
Old 02-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Just got a Avance about a month ago and just starting to get used to running it. I was wanting to browse the sites that you have mentioned below but was asking me a User Name & Password.... What do I use?

Also, about the "Mugen Conference Site", how and where can I view that site?

Thanks and any help would certainly be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.