Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winternats 2003

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ah10
I saw you racing last year at Tamiya track, Reedy Race, oh man you were flying there!
Saw it very near past august on Spain... I'm moaning from the spanking session that gave out to all without breaking a sweat.

I expect that you've enjoyed your visit to Toledo.

Last edited by Corse-R; 02-18-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Barry, I hear your gonna be down our way ( South Florida ) for one or two of our state races. I met ya at the speedline race lastyear, and you really had the NTC3 hooked up, enjoyed your workshop too..

Congrats on the Win.....

BTW, anyone have a comment on the new Schumacher Car ? 3rd is not bad for it's first big race stateside.

-Thread for Florida racing -->http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdis...?s=&forumid=54
Old 02-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bryan N.
Gil Jr. and Ron Rossetti were both running Mugen MTX-3's. They were out at Revelation before the winter nats. tuning the MTX-3's.
Why were they running Mugens? Are they doing the same R&D like AE and testing out the other cars for a comparison?

Barry,
When are you coming down to Crystal Park again? This time with the NTC3, I saw you practice with the electric car. Man that thing was running like a RE .12!
Old 02-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BOLISARIO
Why were they running Mugens? Are they doing the same R&D like AE and testing out the other cars for a comparison?
Old 02-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

not sure if you know but Andy Wallis is from the uk and was driving the NEW Schumacher into 3rd place!!

http://www.racing-cars.com/newsdetails.asp?itemId=RR82

Last edited by Cartman; 02-18-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up 3RD

Schumacher NEW nitro car took 3rd place.......wow talk about a win for the underdogs!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will be comming to Florida on March 14th for the state race and will hold another workshop for anyone that is interested.......My trip to Spain was fantastic it is a Beautiful country....................Andy Wallis did an awsome job with the car and congradulations to him and Phil Booth for a good showing at the winternats I am sure with the knowledge they gained from the race the car will get only better from there.........see you at the races...........

Barry Baker
Old 02-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Its Barry Baker in the (online anyway) pink! IM NOT WORTHY! OM NOT WORTHY! (bows profusely)
Old 02-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey FastHarry ....................How do I get a shirt like that ? but I also want the girl in it........................do you have a part # for me?

LMAO

Barry Baker
Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi barry..glad you liked the picture..she's Wild Hobbies model of the month.....She's also got a portfolio page..and she's into off-roading...hers the link

http://www.onemodelplace.com/model_list.cfm?ID=15058

now onto the important stuff

great job at the winternats...

alot of us eat,breathe,and sleep the tc3..and for some reason,the car gets a bad rap..(look at the guy a few threads up who's in teh Mugen camp)....

I for one can't figure it out...when I met Cliff Lett and Gary owen and the Chi. show a few years back(it was the time when Trinity showed up with their gas conversion),they told me the (real)car would be worth the wait....I bought the first one at the hobby shop..built it,drove it...bought a second one to have...

I own and race everything I own..Veteq to kanai,Tmaxx to Hpi micro....and I currently own 40 running kits(the rest are tamiya collctibles)..

None drive like the nitro tc3....

so when the car and driver do great..I feel a certain amount of pride,ya know?....

Anyway,great job...

BTW,which gears are being made?....you said the ring and pinion...
Is that the ball diff ring or one way ring gear...or are they making both in the new material?........
Old 02-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I was just telling you my views and opinions on the NTC3, I didn't know that it was illegal to share my negative experience with the NTC3 though. When I raced this car there were many times last season when I would be in contention to place podium A-main finishes at RCCAR up in the Norcal, when I was using the NTC3, but the ring and pinion gears would end up overheating and stripping in the 20-30 minute mains, as well as sometimes in qualifying. Traction at this track was very very high last year as Barry might recall, since he raced here a few times in the beggining of the last season. With all this traction, a front one way, and foam tires, if there is any weak link in the drivetrain it would be exploited, thus causing it to break down. I was really lucky if I didn't have a ring or pinion gear strip during the day. This is pretty bad considered the lack of run time because of the 150+ entrants every race. So having a ring or pinion gear strip in one of the two qualifiers could really set you back for the day. After a while this just got frustrating, I thought to myself, why have a car that handles incredibly well, but can't last more than ten minutes? I believe that Associated has worked out most if not all the problems now, with the introduction of the delrin ring and pinion gears, this should improve durability greatly, as well as some of the improvements they have made since I dumped the car.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hi Barry, congratulations on your win!

I drive a NTC3 here in Brazil and I am always happy when Associated wins at major races!

Well done!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Barry: Are you going to make it out to any RCCAR club races up in Nor-Cal this season? We are racing at three different venues this year, rotating from location to location which is coo. Hope to see ya around.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fastharry-------------- Thanx I will have to talk to Kerry at wild hobbies for her number........lol

Sedanfahrer----------Thank you very much

Gemballa750---------We at Associated are always working harded to make our cars better and yes everyone knows that the gears were and I repeat were a problem but I feel very confident with the new material we are making the gears out of. so give the car a shot again I will promise you that you will not be dissatisfied.....Hopefully I will make it up there this year it depends on my schedual.............

Barry Baker
Old 02-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi barry..will they be making all the gears in the new material?(ball diff and one way gears)...

btw,are the solid axle gear and ball diff gear the same?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.