Community
Wiki Posts
Search

side exhast to rear

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default side exhast to rear

Is thr any way to do this? my pops works for a AC and heating company and i have lots of copper pipe, can i use this to conect my new ostz rear exhast? its a 4tec. what are my options also how much is a .18 ostz worth? 80$$?? are thay good? how will my 4tec run?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

are you asking if you can convert a side exhaust engine into a rear exhaust engine? if so, no, this sint possible, you can make the pipe go out of the back of the car if you divert it, otherwise no, and no, dont make a tuned pipe out of copper, tuned pipes are sold by specialty companies for a reason, because lots of design go into them, save yourself time and buy a good exhaust system

and as for the os 18tz, any OS engine is good, dont think twice about it, yes you can run an 18tz in your 4-tec, just get the right shaft, it will give you plenty over power, even overkill which eats up the tires, and OS 18tz's run about $180-220 new from what i remember, EB mods 18tz's run like $299
Old 09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks for the info, know that shaft do i need? i thought it was ready to drop in?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

most engines will drop in, but an 18tz is really overkill for that cr, it will always be uncontrollable, maybe get an 18cv-rx, but then again, its your money

i am 95% sure that 4tec's use pilot shafts, might wunna look it up though