Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is mine too out dated?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Is mine too out dated?

I have a V One RR that i bought 2 years ago. I never got around to putting it together. Would I still be able to compete with it today? And What kind of motor do you suggest I use?? My Local track is under ROAR rules. Thanks anyone for your input!!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey blast
if you track is a club level track you would be well off, if you have any hotshoe drivers and they have RRRs you will see the differnce in performance, they uselly only inprove as new kits come out. if you are a beginner that car will suit you fine till you get the basics. As far as motor that depends on you track, surface, traction,size and your driving ability. i'm not trying to insult you i just don't know you driving ability, so any way i love the italian line of motors, novarossi picco sirio, these are all grat makers. just look through mags and see what the fast guys are running, novarossi has a 12+3ct that is a missle or the LL3 that is a long stroke motor grat bottom end. and these are all 3 port which you can run at your track with roar rules, and if they aren't fast enough for ya then get it modded. hope that helps
Old 09-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i dont see v one rr being outdated, in fact i had one and it's a well design car and strong like a tank, i am not too concern about competitiveness but rather parts avaliability.

Originally Posted by blast26
I have a V One RR that i bought 2 years ago. I never got around to putting it together. Would I still be able to compete with it today? And What kind of motor do you suggest I use?? My Local track is under ROAR rules. Thanks anyone for your input!!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have just bought one of these 2nd hand with the lola body but want to convert it to a touring car body, where can i get the parts for this conversion
Old 09-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

robot:

the V One R/ V One RR foam bumper, upper bumper mount, & front body posts should be the same. you only need the additional add on body posts that go onto the floating rear pod for the rear to mount the higher sedan bodies. that is the only differenct between the sedan and lola equiped RR.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Suspended

icon, thank for the info but, the lola body on the front is completly different, it has a broad front bumper that is not foam and the body mounts on the front slope down to suit the slopping front of the lola
also need other parts battery holder and a few smaller parts
Old 09-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

the sedan version of the the RR still has that large plastic bumper you are referring to. that sloping front mount for the lola is replaced with the regular R/RR upper body mount/brace to hold a foam bumper in ontop of the plastic bumper. you can see it on their kyosho's website how this worked.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...ngetire-e.html

I had owned the original V One R up to the V One RR and kept up with the car until the RR Evo and newer RRR. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

also the k-factory KV1 is virtualy the same car with only the tank and 2 speed gearbox the only different parts on the car,
all the k factory suspentions and chassis components should be a match
for setups sam and laurie g and c should be able to get you going faster
good to see you got a good strong car for competition,
you'll find it quite a bit faster than the homoto
are you going to run it next sunday??
Old 09-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Suspended

thanks again fellas must have got my information mixed up was under the impression that the broad bumper was not needed, so ok i will need Pt# VZ007 does this come with the front body post or they a seperate item and if so do you have a Pt# for them and also for the rearfloating pod as mine is broken one side, thanks in advance
Old 09-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robot
thanks again fellas must have got my information mixed up was under the impression that the broad bumper was not needed, so ok i will need Pt# VZ007 does this come with the front body post or they a seperate item and if so do you have a Pt# for them and also for the rearfloating pod as mine is broken one side, thanks in advance
you can run either bottom bumper plate,
you just need the top plate and the body post set is a seperate item
Old 10-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

the g4s is based on the v one r so i think you can still have fun with this car and if you can get parts hey cool the car should work fine. motor sirio novarrossi max jp
Old 10-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Gosh! I really feel ya! I also have several K cars that are out of date with the RRR-MTX4 trend. So long as you can get parts, there is nothing wrong with these cars. I have a couple of RR Evos that are great cars as well but there is nothing said about them nowadays on the boards.

Since you got the RR that means it came with the centax / 3D clutch and thats a good thing. There's a lot you can do by tuning your clutch and a centax makes it easy.

Novarossis are great motors but they can be difficult to tune and break-in. You may want to consider an O.S. because they are easier to work with and are a bit more reliable. Also stay away from turbo plug motors because turbo plugs are expensive. Its better that you focus more of your money on tires instead.

Good luck racing and have fun.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Install the new v one rrr frontknuckles and rear hubs on the car, it WILL make a differnts on the way the car handles.