R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   HPI RS42 Still KICK ASS ! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/12816-hpi-rs42-still-kick-ass.html)

kilokhan 02-02-2003 01:56 AM

HPI RS42 Still KICK ASS !

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=316

That's a good News For RS4
Heheh Can't belive that the OLD car still kicking somebody as..
notbad for a 5 years old model Car eh ?
I'm a big Fan of RS42.

performula 02-02-2003 08:27 AM

What's even more impressive is the ten year old boy that positioned in 7th for 1/8 Gas on-road.

kilokhan 02-02-2003 10:08 AM

Yeah heheh KIDS...
Hey is there anybody still race with Rs42 ?

Turbo9000 02-05-2003 01:58 PM

where was this at?...never heard about it

TheRagunCajun 02-05-2003 02:53 PM

Originally posted by Turbo9000
where was this at?...never heard about it
^That simply amazes me.^

On January 11-12, 2003, the HOBBICA ASEAN RACE held in the oldest city in Thailand Nakhonpathom (80km West of Bangkok).

AMGRacer 02-05-2003 03:12 PM

It was a quote "heavily modified RS4" unquote. The main reason they are not popular is that they require a lot of time and money invested in them to get them to handle even near a box stock "pro" car. But you can get them to go well!

Im2lazy 02-05-2003 10:37 PM

And you can also get them to go fast with the big block conversion kit... I'm gonna make my old rs4 into a drag racer for one of the club's spec drag classes.:D

Might as well do something with it.

Though doing well with the rs4 seems impossible at times, I think the 10 year old in the 1/8 A-main was more impressive.

TheRagunCajun 02-06-2003 09:45 AM

Im2lazy

Shoe horning a .21 in a nrs4-2 is a task. My bud did that with his and it made unreal power. We drag raced like usual but he actally won. He only had a one speed but he still won. I did manage to win with my car but it has a 2-speed, cvec, and sts mt12. But like i said, my car was no match for the .21(OS .21 rgx). You will most likely need foams because of the amount of low end youll get. Also make sure your drive train is strong enough to handle it. You dont need a converion kit, all u need is the proper mounts.

Turbo9000 02-06-2003 11:56 AM

with a .21 You'll never be able to keep the wheels planted. keeping it straight is impossible at hi speed

TheRagunCajun 02-06-2003 12:17 PM

Yeah you are right turbo, but it isnt the top end that is more of a problem. Taking off will be the harder part. My bud used x-pattern's and it wasn't nothing for them to get loose. With a 2-speed, the tallest ratio u could use for first is 15/44. I am currently using that right now seeing how it is the better of the piss poor ratios available IMO. My sts mt12 breaks all 4's loose if i nail it from a stop and at slower speeds. My car is really hoped up but no matter. The .21 will get em loose no matter what ratio you have. Set-up is also important. When it takes off bad out of hell, u want it to go as strait as possible.

Im2lazy 02-06-2003 09:20 PM

I said big block... and with what you tell me, a .15 big block would be enough, and possibly cheaper and easier to get (we race some big-block super nitros so I'm looking second-hand). And I would definitely be running foams with relatively low gearing.

If you could suggest some motor mounts I would be grateful, because I really haven't even cleaned the car in about half a year...:weird: (its kind of gross) and I haven't done anything but think about it.

Turbo9000 02-07-2003 06:23 AM

I got the wolf pack radicals mounts from bruckner. along with upgraded flywheel and clutch....have fun finding a header though

-hope that helps

TheRagunCajun 02-07-2003 11:05 AM

In my opinion, i think putting a big block .15 in a snrs4 isn't worth it. It wil cost alot, beside you could just buy a new car for the price. You wont get a fast car with a .15 or .21 for that matter. Rpms and gearnig is what makes speed. Hp too, but that's another story. Hpi doesn't make the gearing need to really show a strong .15 or .21s power. You will have good low end but top end wont be spectacular. Tallest ratio for the 2nd gear is 20/37. That will get you close to 60mph if your lucky. Your 1st gear will be 13/44 which is was too low for the power you'll have. What you could do is find a company who could make a 24th pulley in the correct pitch u need for the front and read small pulleys. Then using those 24th pulleys, use the 32th diffs made by HPI. That will get you much higher in speed.

These are the mounts you will need... .21 and .15 engine mounts

Number9 02-07-2003 06:24 PM

HPI makes an optional 15/21 pinion and a 43/37 spur setup for the 2-speed so you can go a bit faster and you can even use gears from their electrics for the diff pulleys for a taller gearing ratio still, so there are more options to be explored. That said, I agree that this is a silly endeavor. Kinda like having 300+ RWHP street cars for 55 MPH speed limits (Doh, I'm guilty of that - silly, but fun).

Dan 02-07-2003 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Number9
HPI makes an optional 15/21 pinion and a 43/37 spur setup for the 2-speed so you can go a bit faster and you can even use gears from their electrics for the diff pulleys for a taller gearing ratio still, so there are more options to be explored. That said, I agree that this is a silly endeavor. Kinda like having 300+ RWHP street cars for 55 MPH speed limits (Doh, I'm guilty of that - silly, but fun).
Vrroom. Vrroom. How's your Comptech NSX? :D