Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro touring car

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default nitro touring car

What in your opinions is the best nitro touring car for around 300 that is race legal and can go from the box to the track with the most success?

These are my guesses:

ntc3
rs4 3
gt-4 (not sure if its legal)
rs4 3 type ss
Old 02-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

in an unbiast opinion i would say......Get a NTC3 i have this car a wouldnt swap it for any other 1/10 scale around the car is very fast, looks good, and low maintanance except for the diffs the only thing i despise about this car is the fuel tank BUT i think the fuel tank has been changed for the new kits! also this car is unbelievably easy to work on! and many hopup parts are being made for them now GPM, K-Factory, Hardcore Titanium, and the associated of course.

DONT GET ANYTHING HPI you dont get anything for your money and the car are badly designed (im not trying to slag these car off these are just my views and opinions) also the engines are way slow!

GT4 looks are okay car but i think the parts for this car are expensive and the car is belt driven meaning if you want to use this car where there are stones you want to be prepared to do alot of belt changing and maintanance.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Here's one for sale....all raced up and ready to race.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...111398104&rd=1
Old 02-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the difference between the rtr ntc3 and the kit, are you supplied with a motor in the kit? Why the price difference?
Old 02-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Between the rtr and the kit version of the ntc3, is that the rtr has the radio gear *transmitter, reciver, servos* and a engine, the kit is only the rolling chassis *no engine no radio gear* but then has some better parts than the rtr, either kit is good just with the kit version you will need to spend some more for radio gear *as low as $90 to 300+* and a .12-.15 engine *from $80-200* as well.

And as for the gt4 being not sure its legal, its legal. If your not gonna run in a club but just on the track it dosen't matter what car you have.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think he meant that the GT-4 RTR kit is not legal, which its not since it uses a .18 engine.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

RCRACER123, If you are looking to get in the sport and want to stand your own with most of the other cars and drivers(novice or pro then you should try and pick up a used car that has been setup and has a good motor. I know of 2 mtx-2's that are with-in your price range(car, motor, and I believe some radio gear)If you are interested please e-mail me and I will get all the info for you. There are a ton of parts that you could almost put 1-1/2 kits together if you got a few other things. The cars are in good shape and motors run very good. Like I think there are 2-3 to choose from. All cars went out to the summer nationals this past June.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

im not new to rc, just nitro and im not sure whether i wanna get a nitro yet i was just seeing what you can buy for 300, i might end up getting a nitro rs4 3 rtr for 209 new, but just to bash with mostly and take it to the track a couple times just for fun tho probably wont hop it up much.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

hpi is good for bashing and maybe some novice class racing

other than that i would get something better like the ntc3 rtr its almost race-worthy but IMO needs a 2 speed i really thought they would include it but what can you do its the best rtr anyway

either car could be hopped up alot but difference is if the ntc3 was hopped up youd have a race car when you were done and if the rs4 3 was hopped up youd have a hopped up rs4 3

buying a used car is a great way to get started

the gt4 is alright but your right the .18 engine could become a problem when you go to race but if its novice class and the race director has the sense to realize engine isnt what wins in that class patience is they would allow you to run anyway
Old 02-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

i also just thought about the fact that if you bought something used they almost always include spare parts you wont get any other way
Old 02-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea i know that, but i dont want a used car i like to buy things new and build them up my self
Old 02-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

i can definetly understand that

personally i would get the ntc3 out of the cars you asked about

i think it may be best for you to spend the money and buy a kit engine and radio rather than the rtr it may cost more now but save money in the long run
Old 02-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

how will it save me money in the long run? I already have a radio and rx what would be a good engine for it?

The only reason why i keep bringing up the rs4 3 rtr is because, well its rtr and ive never had a nitro before and i think it would be a good car to have fun with because my brother is gonna get whatever i get so we can race and we have a big parking lot near our house and theres alot of tracks where we can race at. And probably the best part is that i can get it for 209 NEW, rtr.
I know im never going to get real serious in nitro but if i decide to i can always just get a better car but if i dont want to and just have fun with it then it sounds like i have the perfect car to do it with.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd say the GT-4, it seems more "race car" oriented.

I like sticking to roots, belts are the way to go.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

DIdn't you say eariler you like to build up cars instead of buying it used?.. well buying a rtr is basicly buying a used car but its prebuilt from the factory. Engines there are many different ones you can get, I suggest to get a OS engine since they are user friendly to tune and they are great engines to learn from. But on the other hand you can go for the novarossi engines which are more powerful but harder to tune. Either way its your pick on an engine if you do buy a regular kit since you do have your own radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.