Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Spektrum 3PK HSR Module

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Spektrum 3PK HSR Module

Hey, I'm buying a Futaba 3PK Black version 75mhz with 2 Futaba S3050 Digital Servos. I'm looking at buying the spektrum for it but i'm confused. Should i just buy the normal/original spektrum module or buy the Specially made HSR module for the 3PK. What is the difference and is get the new 3PK version spektrum worth paying the extra money for. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The hrs spektrum model will let you use the hrs futaba mode. What this means is you need all digital servos. You will get a faster system.

But remember the regular futaba spektrum pro system that just came out , is also faster than the older systems and more reliable.

Another you cant use the telemetry addons.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1015 - 3pk HRS only module.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1014 - Futaba Pro Module.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

So what would you recommend purchasing? The Spektrum HRS module or the Spektrum Pro Module?
Old 08-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you want to use hrs mode and your fine without telemetry and always will have digital servos. Then go for it. I about got it , but figured it would be easier to get the pro system and got the micro pro RX.

I wanted my car to be as light and compact as possible. Due to my car having my RX on the side of the car. The micro ive got tucked away so it wont get damage in a collision.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:45 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
If you want to use hrs mode and your fine without telemetry and always will have digital servos. Then go for it. I about got it , but figured it would be easier to get the pro system and got the micro pro RX.

I wanted my car to be as light and compact as possible. Due to my car having my RX on the side of the car. The micro ive got tucked away so it wont get damage in a collision.
I have the one of the first batch of the 3PK and put in the Spektrum when it became available. But it allways felt like i made I was not in sync with the car. I just put in the new version and the change is unbelievable. Yes i run digital servo's as they have proved reliable lasting 3 years so far.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

I got the spektrum and the spektrum HRS for 3pk and the HRS one is miles better. Problem is you cant run the telemetry system. You cabt run it on the micro receiver either! Way to go Spektrum tech dept!! NOT
Old 08-20-2006, 02:28 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
I got the spektrum and the spektrum HRS for 3pk and the HRS one is miles better. Problem is you cant run the telemetry system. You cabt run it on the micro receiver either! Way to go Spektrum tech dept!! NOT
Not being able to run the Telemetry is no problem for me as it's a gimick IMHO. But not releasing the HRS rx as a micro is just rediculous, or is it just a way to milk money out of again a little bit down the track.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

So you defintely recommend getting the HRS spektrum module for the 3pk instead of the other one.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:52 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ViperSkull
So you defintely recommend getting the HRS spektrum module for the 3pk instead of the other one.
Yes
Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Smile temp tele

Having converted from Nomadio to spectrum with telemetry, I find the temp and the batt receiver voltage VERY usuable. The spek lap timer worked great. rpm : . Temp tele is poor. sensor reades ambient temp within a couple of degrees,When you compair it with an exergen it willvaryas much as reading 10 to 45 degrees too high. depends where youwrap the sensor on the head of the engine. at the bottom where the recommend your engine run 40+ DEGREES HOTTER THAN THE EXERGAN.bY WINDING THE SENSOR LOOPHIGHER AND HIGHER BETWEEN THE FINS I FIND THAT THE 4TH GROOVR GAVE A REARINGWITHIN 10 DEGREES OF THE EXERGAN IMMEDIATELY WHEN THE CAR STOPS. BUT WITH NO AIRFLOW OVER THE HEAD TEmp RISES RAPIDLY20+ DEGREES. THE NOMADIO TEMP PROBE APPEARS TO BE DIGITAL AND NOT JUST A BI-METAL SENSOR, AND GIVES GOOD CONSISTENTREADINGS ACROSS A USUABLE RANGE OF 80 TO 245 DEGREES f.
with accurate,consistent, linear change of temp with change in time, +/- ABOUT 10 DEGREES OR SO WE WILL HAVE A TOOL EVERY PITMAN SHOULD GIVE HIS LEFT JEWEL FOR!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

has anybody tried using this? http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futl8926.html

How does it compare to the 3 options that Spektrum has for the 3PK?

What problems if any has anybody experienced with it so far?

I'm trying to decide which one to get (Futaba vs Spektrum Pro Series or HRS version), the general spektrum version is out of the question.

So far the pros I've found for the Futaba are as follows:

1. It's for Futaba, made by Futaba (so no compatibility issues, futaba has to take full responsibility for radio systems performance)
2. It recognises ppm vs hrs and adjusts accordingly This is a plus for me as I have a few vehicles and not all of them can operate in hrs mode.
3. Faster binding time

And the cons:

1. No mention of resistance to static, dirt or fuel/cleaning fluid
2. No real speed comparison to any of the 3 spektrum options
3. Seemingly small range.

Does anyone have anything else they could add to this?