Hpi Rs4, Nitro Start T-15 Flooded?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi Rs4, Nitro Start T-15 Flooded?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi Rs4, Nitro Start T-15 Flooded?!?

Well after buying a SECOND pull starter because my other got screwed it just got messed up. Maybe im doing something wrong. I decided to try out my engine just to see if it works i need to buy a new spur gear, and well i MIGHT have primed a bit too much into the engine. When I pulled the pull starter it goes in slow, when i had the glow plug in , it went back in super slow. heelllp. what should i do? thank you. ill try again in a few minutse and see what happens.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

it retracts but it retracts slowly, should i look into getting another pull starter?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

when you prime it, only bring fuel to the carb and NO MORE, this is the most common mistake by noobs ever, just to the carb, not into it, then start pulling, and try cleaning your one way bearing
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I just unscrewed the pull starter and pulled it, it wasn't slow like it was, so once i clean the bearing it will be all good?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

it might help if the one way bearing was slipping, just remember not to flood it, if you do, take the fuel line off and crank the engine over with the igniter in, when you hear it want to start, then connect the line back and bring fuel just to the carb and no more