Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Nitro...Looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to Nitro...Looking to buy

I am new to nitro R/c Cars, and I'm looking to purchase a car. Money is not a huge problem, but I do want a car that I can handle and have a lot of fun with. I would like to have a fast car, but at the same time I don't want to crash it!

Would it be too difficult to control a car that can reach speeds of 60+ mph for a beginner. If it is not, this would definetly be something I'm looking for.

I will not be taking it off road, but I would like a car that can handle a descent beating. I was looking at the Jato 3.3 because it looks like its a pretty tough car, and it reaches very high speeds.

However, as you can tell by reading this, I'm not very experienced. Therefore, any advice of what model of car to get would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't plan on racing it either, just something to take out to a huge parking lot, and have some fun with.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

hey welcome, ha im not sure if there is a beginner car that is going to reach speeds up to 60+ unless modifacations to it... well thats what i think thoo.....
well here are some cars that are pretty good and many LHS have parts for them..
Links Below:
HPI Nitro RS4 3 EVO
Nitro TC3Nitro TC3
Traxxas 4TECH Traxxas 4TECH

just some the traxxas should be able to reach 50+ there is a new traxxas " nitro 4TECH 3.3 able to reach speeds up to 75MHP but not for beginners ha extemely fast i would say.. but yeah some choices there is many more but yeah
Old 08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you don't care about the handling and only need for speed, the Schumacher Fusion, Traxxas 4-tech, and CEN cars comes with big block engine RTR version that can deliver speed of 60+ mph.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Go with the nitro tc3 I think it's the best rtr car on the market