Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Fuel Gun preference >

Fuel Gun preference

Fuel Gun preference

Old 08-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
The only two things I don't like about the RB gun is you can't see how much fuel is inside so overfilling is quite easy to do.
If you are overfilling, you're either not doing it right or the gun is not set up right. Shove the tip of the gun straight in to roughly a 70 degree angle, pull the trigger, figure out a count depending on the gun speed, and let go and pull the gun out. As soon as the fuel hits the vent tubes, the flow will stop. The only way this doesn't work is if you are fuelling without the refill cap on. If so, you are on your own and treading dangerous grounds for your driver's receiver If not, the only other wat you can overfill is if the plunsger/stopper depth is set incorrectly. Take the gun and there is a set screw to adjust this. It is the same way you adjust the fuel level in the neck of the tank.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Clogged vent tubes will cause slow filling and overflow. Clogs are especially common with a lot of the stock purple aluminum guns where the ID of the vent tubes is only 1mm.

Last edited by fraz; 08-19-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fraz
If you are overfilling, you're either not doing it right or the gun is not set up right. Shove the tip of the gun straight in to roughly a 70 degree angle, pull the trigger, figure out a count depending on the gun speed, and let go and pull the gun out. As soon as the fuel hits the vent tubes, the flow will stop. The only way this doesn't work is if you are fuelling without the refill cap on. If so, you are on your own and treading dangerous grounds for your driver's receiver If not, the only other wat you can overfill is if the plunsger/stopper depth is set incorrectly. Take the gun and there is a set screw to adjust this. It is the same way you adjust the fuel level in the neck of the tank.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Clogged vent tubes will cause slow filling and overflow. Clogs are especially common with a lot of the stock purple aluminum guns where the ID of the vent tubes is only 1mm.

I am talking about filling the gun, not the tank.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

I installed a sight gauge on the side of my PRP gun (built pretty much like the other aluminum guns). two 90deg. pressure taps installed facing each other. One near the top, the other near the bottom. With clear fuel line connecting.
Works great.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I am talking about filling the gun, not the tank.
Hahaha, boy did I misread that one Oh well, I left a couple of fuel gun tips anyways

The way I do it is I always keep a full fuel just in the pit for an overflow stand. I hold the gun out so the tip rests on the edge of the jug and slowly add fuel from the squeeze bottle. The key is making sure you can see the tip of the gun. When it is full, fuel will come out the vent tubes and you stop.

Last edited by fraz; 08-21-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Do anyone know where I can pickup an RB fuel gun new? I know acehardwarehobbies.com sells them however I am currently having problems with my last order so I don't want to drop $80 there.

Any other sites or hobby stores... thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Harry and Chuck Moon have the only two in the U.S. I think, they don't leak according to Harry, he said he forgot and left fuel in it all night once....very hard to come by. But by far the best gun...
Old 10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
The best fuel gun out is produced by a company in Buenos Aires, Argentina and distributed by Manix Hobbies. I don't even know the name of it but Harry Hannanouchi (Swauger's pitman) has one and it works flawlessly.
I was Harry Hananouchi's pitman at the RC pro series at Rams and that fuel gun is dialed. Got Harry in and out within afew seconds when he came in for fuel. I can still hear Harry, " GOOD PIT STOP ROGER !! "
Old 10-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roger
I was Harry Hananouchi's pitman at the RC pro series at Rams and that fuel gun is dialed. Got Harry in and out within afew seconds when he came in for fuel. I can still hear Harry, " GOOD PIT STOP ROGER !! "
Hehe, you're tellin' me. I battle against Harry in the pits all the time and that gun rules and Harry knows how to use it. The bad news is they are officially unavailable. My homeboy Perez was in Argentina a few weeks ago and spoke to the guys at Manix directly (en Espanol). He said they were a limited production run and yes they were over $100. In Argentina, this is a FORTUNE because the US dollar is 3:1 to the Argentine Peso! I told them I would gladly pay for one but they are just not producing them anymore. It's ok, you tell Harry I said "I'll get you Hannanouchiiiiiiiiiiiii".<haha>

FYI, my gun is based on the standard purple aluminum gun and yes, they tend to leak a bit around the connections but I fixed that. Took it apart, cleaned it and cleaned off the excess latex sealant. I installed new o-rings and then reassembled the main body using Permatex Ultra Grey gasket sealant and let it cure for 24 hours. No more leaky!!!