Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie check in

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie check in

Hey everyone, my name is Atif, im 18, and i am brand spanking new to R/C. I just bought my first car today, its an HPI RS4 3 18SS kit. This seems like a good place to keep up on things so i decided to come here. Im a big fan of actual automotive mechanics, but since i cant modify my own car, here i am. Eveything is going smoothly so far but i have one concern. When im putting the parts together, i have no idea what the part is or what it does. Is this something everyone experiences their first time or is it just me? If anyone has the kit i just finished putting everything together from bag A, so that foamish looking thing i just put on, im assuming its the clutch, but when i was putting the parts together i thought that thing with th e ball and spring was the clutch. Also, since i brought that faom looking thing up, are those two metal plates supposed to be a little loose? i tightened the screws totally but the tranny wasnt freely moving so i loosened the ma bit, but the plates move a tiny bit. Lastly, when im using the loctite stuff, thread locker i think its called, is it okay for the stuff to come out the other end when i screw things in, and is it okay thaat the entire screw isnt covered in it?

Thanks a lot in advance. sorry for the long intro.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Actually, i just realized that the foam looking thing is the brake, b/c the two metal plates are brake plates. it first i was like how is this the brake, and i had no idea wha tthe brake cam shaft was for, until i tried to turn it, and i realized that the cam shaft presses on he plates, causing it to brake?