Wiki Posts
Search

nitro f1

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default nitro f1

I found a brand new Ofna nitro F1 at Americas Hobby Center Man I don't know if any of you have this car but it is mad fast!!! The only thing is that they dont make them anymore and you know what that means difficulty in gettin parts. Anyone else have this car? Are som e of the tamiya parts compatible? This is my first nitro car so any help would be appreceiated. I took it to the track last night, whoa even though i was the only one with a nitro f1 they let me race around with the touring cars! Big mistake!!! Was way to fast for them and handling was pretty good. I'd say you could really tweak the chassis to make it handle better than I had it. But that is what practice is for!!! I hope one of the other manufacturers comes out with a nitro f1!! Maybe I'll buy a 1/5 nitro F1!!
Well Thanks again!!! Peace out!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i was going to buy an f1 (kyosho) but found it was hard to get parts so scrapped that idea.

i still would get one but only if there were parts.

post up some pics too.
Old 11-05-2001, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Seems like more people have been buying Kyosho F-Ten's recently. They are cool cars and you can get F1 and GTP bodies for them. I like mine, but parts are a problem. I've seen the Ofna car on Ebay, but you'll never find parts for that car! The FG and Raco 1/5 scale cars are awesome! Maybe next year...
Old 11-06-2001, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default nitro f1

Alot of parts for the tamiya fit the OFNA, The front end and the wheels and tires. I guess after something breaks I'll have to wing it with parts!!! I mean there are not that many parts to this thing. It came pre-assembled. So I took it apart to put Diff lube and bearings in it and to lock tite down all the screws!! The certainly did not do it!! But like I said there are not really taht many parts. Might have trouble getting a new axle! Might have to convert a pan car axle. I'm gonna try and buy another one for parts!!! I was pretty cheap $119.00 bucks with the engine!!!
Old 11-06-2001, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: nitro f1

captanabolic

Supposedly, the car is designed around the Tamiya electric F1 cars, so theoretically, most parts are shared. If the Tamiya front end fits, then so will the HPI and Cross frontends. The part I would most worry about is the chassis plate. If you tweak that, you're done for. I'm not aware of anyone that makes an alum chassis plate.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

whats cool is an old machinist who lives on my block he is always making hobby stuff for guys. I'm wondering if I can get the aluminium he would do me up a chassis? Cant hurt to ask. he always makes aluminium parts for my buddys helicopter.