R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Info about Schumacher R12 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/12213-info-about-schumacher-r12.html)

johan 01-20-2003 09:32 PM

Info about Schumacher R12

Link to Schumacher Newsletter

jv

Nytrochaos 01-21-2003 10:57 AM

that car screams hpi..........and the old ones at that. ask yourself this question, "how many hpi's do you see at the track?"

nuf said

Darkseid 01-21-2003 02:08 PM

Man it gets old seeing people post this crap!!! Everytime a new car comes out, somebody can't wait to scream about what the car looks like.:flaming: Would someone please tell me how the hell this car "screams HPI"

The older HPI cars always had:

-three drive belts w/routing that went all over the chassis
-standard c-hub type suspension
-molded shock towers and upper decks

the R12 has

-only two drive belts that are right in the middle of the chassis
-schumacher's pivot suspension that they have been using since their first touring car
-graphite shock towers and upper deck. You don't see that in any HPI nitro kit.

So, Nytrochaos.....please get some glasses, because your seeing things.

Darkseid 01-21-2003 02:18 PM

Wait a minute.....maybe I'm mistaken.....it does kinda look like the old HPI kits.....

yeah, yeah.....I see it now......

...they both have four wheels and roll!:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

patelladragger 01-21-2003 02:48 PM

looks like they took everything but the best part of a nitro tc3 - the shaft. :D

(take it ez dark):cool:

AMGRacer 01-21-2003 03:13 PM

While an interesting design I am uncertain how this car would go against other pro cars due to the lack of pivotball suspension.

Nytrochaos 01-21-2003 03:23 PM

lay off, in my eyes, it looks like an hpi, the carbon layout looks very similar to me. but i didnt look that closely, cause i dont have time to spend hours looking at a computer screen. unlike dark, i have a life.

and im not gonna keep goin on this, cause it aint worth it. ill just go work on my car.........mtx-3

OB42TC3 01-21-2003 08:42 PM

Originally posted by AMGRacer
While an interesting design I am uncertain how this car would go against other pro cars due to the lack of pivotball suspension.
It has pivot ball suspension, just perpendicular to what you are used to. The HPI resemblance comes from the purple anodized parts! Two belts not three! Isn't the fusion a single belt? That brings the friction points down to five if you don't count the tensioners.

Darkseid 01-22-2003 06:47 AM

Nytrochaos: yeah, you really got a life. You sit back waiting for any new car to come out, just so you can say its a copy of something without even taking a good look at it!:rolleyes: And as I said before, if those cars look alike to you, you do need glasses.

As for me having a life, you go play with your car, I'll go play with my kids.;) I'm lucky enough to get to spend all day with them. I have my family, you have a MTX-3....but, I need a life...yeah, okay!:lol:

Patella: At least your comment has some basis. The fuel tank is from the Associated car. And I am taking it easy.<breathing heavy and sweating> It just gets silly having people come to the site asking questions and trying to get info about a new car, only to have the first response they get EVERYTIME be some yahoo talking about how its a copy of something. And its really bad when the person doesn't even take the time to actually LOOK at the car!

OB42TC3: yeah, the Fusion is a single belt car. The Fusion R12 is a dual belt car.

AMG: hes right, it does have pivot ball, and it works great. Thats why Schumacher hasn't changed it since their first car. Its very smooth and darned near unbreakable. But, I think this car might have the same problem as the NTC3. The system for adjusting rear toe leaves the car vunerable. I had the toe adjusters push into the ball cup on my Mission back when I had it, so the R12 is probably really vunerable to this.

Nytrochaos 01-22-2003 08:30 AM

Listen, i wasnt waiting for some new car to come out. the post cought my eye. i wasnt the one that initially posted, i was giving my opinion. if you like the car, well good for you, i wish ya the best of luck with it. and as for my vision, its 20 15, better than 20 20. so i might hold off on the glasses. and lastly, i think id have bigger issues than a new car if i had kids while i was still a teenager. and just so you know, i do have a life, and im spending it at one of the best boarding schools in the country......so back the hell off

TheRagunCajun 01-22-2003 10:15 AM

I like the way the car looks. It seems to me, it has what my nrs4-2 doesnt.....pivot ball suspention. The alum knuckles are a nice touch. Seems to me belt maitnence will be rather onthe easyer side. I dont know for sure from the pic, but the rear(longer) belt seem to go over the engine, but im not sure. Manifold looks to be a wierd design. On the opposite side of the engine toward the front, the battery and radio gear stuff looks a little bulky. On the other hand it looks well protected from the elements. Looks to me, the car is great. I do hope they have the screw on pinions like the ntc3 and nrs4-3 has. Perhaps a centax, but im not formilur with em.

It also mentions it for $415 w/ a pixi engine. Would that be the "famous" pixi black head engine that some people love to brag about? Not to make it sound bad, i know nothing about the pixi engines.:rolleyes:

deanspoors 01-22-2003 11:21 AM

pixie engine

the pixie engine that comes with the r12 is the pixie gold which is the 3-port racing engine , which is not to be confused with the pixie black 5-port outlaw which is faster although the pixie gold is quite a good engine seems a bit cheap for me to be a real competitor take a look at www.modelsportuk.com goto motors then, nitro engines, then rossi!

modellor 01-22-2003 12:16 PM

I think I read a post one time from Cartman that says the long belt runs both above and below the engine behind the flywheel.

The car does look nice but I think the rear toe-in links will be an issue like the NTC3.

But in saying that the system actually gives a handling advantage by making the rear basically active. By this I mean that as the car sinks under acceleration the rear wheels toe-out slightly to give improved straight line speed.

We used this system way back with the BMT Active and Pantera cars. It also gives better cornering ability as the inside wheel stays toed-in and the outside wheel straightens to effectively give 3 wheel steering.

The car has already done well and made the main final in its first runs out.

Darkseid 01-23-2003 07:57 AM

Modellor: unfortunately, I know the rear toe adjusters can be an issue. All it takes to push the turnbuckle into the ball cup is a good rear end slap against the boards. Besides that, they are very vunerable to taking hits from over zellous racers who don't understand that you actually have to slow down to turn!:lol: IMO they must be upgraded to Titanium immediately to protect against rear end hits.

modellor 01-23-2003 08:07 AM

Yeah. We have a few of them here too. One in particular is the son of the local model shop owner (Hmmm). :lol:

Nothing worse than someone who cant manage to turn at the end of the straight away when your on his outside.