Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Street Force GP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Street Force GP?

is the dura trax street force gp a good starting out car? it comes with 2 speed and tuned pipe and velocity .15 engine. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPX75&P=7
gimme some suggestions. thanks.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Head on over to the RadioControlZone forums where there is a StreetForce GP thread. You can read up on other SFGP owners experience.

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...ight=Top+Speed

The SFGP is an older design, but it works. Its a good starting kit.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Street Force GP?

Originally posted by stoopidbstrd
is the dura trax street force gp a good starting out car? it comes with 2 speed and tuned pipe and velocity .15 engine. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPX75&P=7
gimme some suggestions. thanks.
These are marketed in Australia as a Colt 10. Light weight however suffer from poor durability. Hub carriers, suspension arms and shock towers are best considered throw-away items and non-adjustable rear tow are down sides.
At the end of the day the addition of a two-speed and tuned pipe dont make up for the fact that it is a cheaply built Taiwanese tourer. I have owned one and it was a good learning platform I guess however after buying my Kyosho V-one-s as a replacement I can only give my opinion as to where I would spend my money.

http://www.colt.com.tw/idx.htm

good Luck

gt

Last edited by squizzytaylor; 01-16-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Hello,
I had a SFGP and my advice to you is NO. Like squizzy said it's durability isn't on par with other models out there. Also, squizzy those are some interesting facts that I didn't know about. The Velocity .15 motor is very hard to keep tuned which caused me endless headaches. I chose the SFGP over the V-one-S and it was a poor choice. Here are some alternatives:

1) Associated Nitro TC-3 RTR
2) Yokomo GT-4 RTR
3) Kyosho V-one-S (kit only, need electronics)

Any of those would be a much better choice. However, the decision is up to you. Good Luck!

Vulso
Old 01-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vulso
Hello,
I had a SFGP and my advice to you is NO. Like squizzy said it's durability isn't on par with other models out there. Also, squizzy those are some interesting facts that I didn't know about. The Velocity .15 motor is very hard to keep tuned which caused me endless headaches. I chose the SFGP over the V-one-S and it was a poor choice. Here are some alternatives:

1) Associated Nitro TC-3 RTR
2) Yokomo GT-4 RTR
3) Kyosho V-one-S (kit only, need electronics)

Any of those would be a much better choice. However, the decision is up to you. Good Luck!

Vulso
The car in Aust actually comes with a force 12 engine and no two speed and is marketed as a "budget" price bracket car.

gt

Old 01-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

It's a piece of CRAP............
Old 01-20-2003, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

If you prefer the rtr's car, for bashing get the traxxas 4-tec it has a new 2.5 engine that will go 60+ mph as they say. if you plan on racing in the future, get the rtr ntc3 and upgrade the parts, 2 speed tranny will make your car really rock!