Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Discussion: Which One Is The Best ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

yes i think youve got the idea corvettecrazy

if you want to race and be competitive against the top touring cars it is much easier to do if you have the same kind of car as the competition

if everyone you will race against uses hpi cars then you wouldnt be at a disadvantage

but if everyone else is racing with mtx-3s, 705s, v1rs, reflexs, and ntc3s you would have a hard time being competitive with a hpi

at the races i go to most racers outside novice class have the mugens, serpents, and associateds so i wouldnt consider buying a hpi

and most racers even in novice class move up to a better car than hpi after they see them run

also hpi cars have so many available hopups sinking a ton of money into them is too easy
Old 01-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

What's up Jason? Figured you would be out running
Old 01-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

unfortunately with my kids birthday and everything else going on i wasnt able to take advantage of the almost somewhat decent weather we had and already lost

maybe if i get really lucky i can get to run richmond this weekend but i doubt it

i think my mtx-3 is rusting away in the basement

i wonder if i could beat josh cyrul if he ran hpi and raced at my local track

naah
Old 01-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jason102276
unfortunately with my kids birthday and everything else going on i wasnt able to take advantage of the almost somewhat decent weather we had and already lost

maybe if i get really lucky i can get to run richmond this weekend but i doubt it

i think my mtx-3 is rusting away in the basement

i wonder if i could beat josh cyrul if he ran hpi and raced at my local track

naah
no put him with any crap ass car give him a week and he will make parts for it to make it handle like it was on rails. i have seen the man on carpet and i have rever ever seen anyone run within .oo1 for 10 + laps i think he fell off a but because his pack voltage started droping i started thinking man that chit aint funny why am i even here WTF I felt like cartman (alright ____ you guys iam going home) lol
Old 01-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah im sure your right

a guy i race with beat joel this summer up in jersey got me all excited before nats

what a major disappointment when i got the nats reality check

learned that my first race away from home shouldnt have been nats