Search

Rody Modified

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rody Modified

Hey guys, i just wanna share my problems

I'm in the market for new engine, I have OS12TR on my GT4-R. I tried to keep up with my friends who have ofna 7port and Collary x12. I love my O.S, but it just can't keep up with those engines at top end.
I never get my hand on RB engines, but i'm really interested in RBx12 Rody modified (5port). Do you think this is a good choice to go? I'd like to hear testimonial/pros and cons for those who has this engine. Where can i get it here in california? The only distributor is sigma trading (if i'm not mistaken). I went to couple hobby shops and they don't carry this engine. So please help me my fellow racers

Long Live Yokomo....

Luke
Old 01-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

This motor is hands down the fastest I have ever seen. The main reason in my opinion is the carb is overbored to 6.5mm which allows for 1/3rd more carb surface area than most other .12s on the market.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

The main reason in my opinion is the carb is overbored to 6.5mm which allows for 1/3rd more carb surface area than most other .12s on the market.
That's really wide open. Can I just bolt this carb on regular RBx12 engine and would it make very obvious changes in performance? AMGRacer, where did you get your Rody engine? Any source i can look at?
I'm in serious madness of speed. I think i can handle my car going bit faster that it is right now. that's why i'm looking for serious racing engine.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by front1wayFreak
That's really wide open. Can I just bolt this carb on regular RBx12 engine and would it make very obvious changes in performance? AMGRacer, where did you get your Rody engine? Any source i can look at?
I'm in serious madness of speed. I think i can handle my car going bit faster that it is right now. that's why i'm looking for serious racing engine.
You can bolt the carb on, but I have no idea whether it would make another engine faster or not without the other mods.

I got my engine at Harmony models in Hong Kong.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone Know where i can find a Rody Roem 3 port .12???
Old 01-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
You can bolt the carb on, but I have no idea whether it would make another engine faster or not without the other mods.

I got my engine at Harmony models in Hong Kong.
lets say the ingredient contributes to the total power.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

go to www.sigmatrading.com they are the US importer for those engines and they have a list of all the retailers in the US
Old 01-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thx for the info myclod. I'll give ultimate a call tomorrow. Btw, i saw RB Rody modified today at crystal park. Great speed, really fast i migth say, louder than ordinary .12 engine. Maybe i'ts just me, maybe the car's using nitrous or... the driver on nitrous?
I think i'm gonna let go my O.S. Anybody interested?
Old 01-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

[/QUOTE]
I think i'm gonna let go my O.S. Anybody interested? [/QUOTE]

how much are you going to try to get for it and what are you including?
Old 01-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default corvettecrazy

The engine was sold to a guy at my track. I got a good deal for it.
Now i'm getting Rody x12 for sure

p.s: I know this is off topic, i saw SMP Slide running like madness on track. I was really impressed with its performance. Is SMP Slide new on the 1/8 market or it's been there 4 a while? By looking at it with aluminum upper and lower suspension arms, this car must cost alot!!

Last edited by front1wayFreak; 01-25-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Since your in Pasadena also, give Elite Hobby a call if you haven't yet, they might have them or can get them. They are located in Covina 626-858-8999.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: corvettecrazy

Originally posted by front1wayFreak
The engine was sold to a guy at my track. I got a good deal for it.
Now i'm getting Rody x12 for sure

p.s: I know this is off topic, i saw SMP Slide running like madness on track. I was really impressed with its performance. Is SMP Slide new on the 1/8 market or it's been there 4 a while? By looking at it with aluminum upper and lower suspension arms, this car must cost alot!!
yeah the slide has been around for a while. The chrome version is the most expensive 1/8 out there (as far as I know) and it certainly looks trick. Parts support has been an issue for some on it.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

patella,
hows the MSpeed engine which u got recently?
Old 01-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

I didn't end up buying it. I briefly decided to quit the hobby. Then my wife talked me back into it but the motor was sold by that time. Just going rody 5 port whenever I can find one.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

The SMP Slide is probably one of the worst 1:8th cars on the market. We ran them here for 1 year and it cost a fortune compared to the Serpent NT.

I got T-boned 3 times in one meeting and each time the front upper wishbone bent. They said that the plastic cups would break first but that is BS.

Each wishbone comes like the Serpent ones. Only one per packet. We were paying around $60 for each one.

Unless you own the bank I would steer clear of the Slide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.