Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a certain body

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Looking for a certain body

http://www.fastnfuriousrc.com/produc...roducts_id=101

Its a pre-painted Power Racing GT1 body.

I live in England, and we can't get these bodies over here, so I'm looking for somewhere with it being:

a. In stock.
b. Willing to post to the UK.
c. Taking PayPal as payment.
d. Cheap!

At the moment, the best price I've seen is in the region of $95 shipped ($40 for the body, another $55 shipping!), for that price I could get a clear Frewer one, and have it custom painted.

Can anyone find it cheaper?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

They wont ship to the UK? Or do they want $55 to ship it? I would just get the clear body and paint it yourself because (no offence) that paint job is a bit cheezey in my opinion.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

academygaz, I'm glad Roy said it first because I couldn't think of a more polite way to say it. For the price, I say go get the Frewer and paint it yourself. Painting bodies is all part of the hobby. And I'll bet you, that Roy will bet you the shipping cost that you can do a waaaaay better job. I have extra spray paint you can have... if you pay the shipping. Best of luck!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im not sure what the charges will be to ship it, but Ashford Hobby offers them on the website. These are Serpent bodies, you should be able to get them from a distributor closer to home.

http://www.ashfordhobby.com/prod530.htm
Old 07-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the replies guys.

Here in the UK, I race in an electric 1/8th class called GTRe, all the cars race with the Schumacher GTRe chassis, and either the Frewer GTR or Frewer Porsche bodies. Mine is now looking a little worse for wear (pics from when it was new: http://gazdesigns.fpic.co.uk/c908813.html), and everyone else is running one or two-colour schemes.