R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default kyosho fw-05t

hello, i bought a kyosho fw-05t recently and it seems to have a problem...
Whenever i accelerate, it goes but after a while or if the road is slippery the car just goes into neutral sort of thing... by this i mean that i press the throttle but the car doesnt go, it is in a stable position and only the engine revs with the spur gears spinning... I then push the car and something clicks and its drivable again... this happens continuesly and i dont know what it is..
does anyone have any ideas??
miltiadis_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Broken one way bearing in first gear !

You can try to clean it and oil it again (use one way lube only !!) but most cases you need to buy a new one.

For some reason is the light weight version much better, that bearing lasts forever.

ps. I already saw this one way bearing broken in about 4 or 5 cars brandnew !
All FW-05T... the one in the S or RR has same partnumber but seems not to have the problem.
snoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

ok... i have used turpentine to clean the one way bearing.. the problem stopped but it has started again. i think i will have to buy a new one as you said.. also when the car is running, there is a whistling noise in the rear diff, what could this be? thank you
miltiadis_s is offline   Reply With Quote