Search

KFactory KV1

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default KFactory KV1

Hi Guys!

Does anyone have further detail on this RTR kit. It appears to be the Trinity Reflex NT aka Kyosho V1R given a fresh breath of life?

Following is a link to KFactory site with more information, but i still have the following questions...

1/ Is is a Serpent Centax like on the Reflex or a shoe clutch like that on the orginal Kyosho?

2/ Looking at the photos it appears to be gear diffs front an rear is that the case?

3/ Unisversal all way around?

4/ Alloy hex?

5/ Parts availability??? Anyone got any spares etc?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...name=&id=K0001

I look forward to hearing some responses...

BB
Old 08-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Very cool! I'd like to see how much that is and I would pick one up ditching the radio. I have always wanted a V1RR and this is close enough.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by performula
Very cool! I'd like to see how much that is and I would pick one up ditching the radio. I have always wanted a V1RR and this is close enough.
I found this:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...a2914949e3037b
Old 08-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by performula

Thank you

I did have a look an it doesn't really answer my questions, but it good to see them being sold. I am not sure about parts availabilty though...

BB
Old 08-22-2005, 01:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Bundy Bear - Mick Sherman has em in stock if you want to see and feel one.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heavy
Bundy Bear - Mick Sherman has em in stock if you want to see and feel one.
Heavy: Thank you... i dropped into Springwood on Sunday, but ther were out of stock. I might do that though

Not that i am in the market for a return to R/C See you Sunday, hopefully i can Derrick back on track with the G4 to break into 16 lappers

BB
Old 08-22-2005, 02:47 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Guys!

Does anyone have further detail on this RTR kit. It appears to be the Trinity Reflex NT aka Kyosho V1R given a fresh breath of life?

Following is a link to KFactory site with more information, but i still have the following questions...

1/ Is is a Serpent Centax like on the Reflex or a shoe clutch like that on the orginal Kyosho?

2/ Looking at the photos it appears to be gear diffs front an rear is that the case?

3/ Unisversal all way around?

4/ Alloy hex?

5/ Parts availability??? Anyone got any spares etc?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...name=&id=K0001

I look forward to hearing some responses...

BB
Bundy Bear

We sell them down here (Peru).
As you know K Factory is a company of Team Magic, so yes it is a fully optioned Reflex NT, which was the first car TM produced before the G4.

1.- Beeing a RTR it has a shoe type clutch, and the gear box is the same style as the original Serpent Impulse.

2.- Yes it comes with front and rear diffs.

3.- Yes, Universals allround

4.- No, plastic hex allround

5.- Most Reflex and Kyosho VoneR, RR parts fit, like belts, pulleys, arms, steering blocks, rear uprights, diffs. But I'm sure that whoever distributes it will have parts availability (we will carry them soon).

Regards
AFM
Old 08-22-2005, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
Bundy Bear

We sell them down here (Peru).
As you know K Factory is a company of Team Magic, so yes it is a fully optioned Reflex NT, which was the first car TM produced before the G4.

1.- Beeing a RTR it has a shoe type clutch, and the gear box is the same style as the original Serpent Impulse.

2.- Yes it comes with front and rear diffs.

3.- Yes, Universals allround

4.- No, plastic hex allround

5.- Most Reflex and Kyosho VoneR, RR parts fit, like belts, pulleys, arms, steering blocks, rear uprights, diffs. But I'm sure that whoever distributes it will have parts availability (we will carry them soon).

Regards
AFM

AFM: Thank you, will the belts be interchangable with the ones on the G4? I would think that a few of the parts will the same... This looks to be a very good choice for someone wanting to run on rubbers rather then having a car primarily designed for foams.

BB
Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
AFM: Thank you, will the belts be interchangable with the ones on the G4? I would think that a few of the parts will the same... This looks to be a very good choice for someone wanting to run on rubbers rather then having a car primarily designed for foams.

BB
I'm just in the process of verifying the compatibilty of parts with the G4, since we also sell it here, before i order parts for it, because we do have stock of G4 parts.
Not only the looks, the car is so well built and optioned (comes with foams included), and beeing an image of the Kyosho V One R-RR, it should be capable of running either Foams or Rubber.
I've never seen a RTR so well equipped, appart from the engine which is a .15 SH, and the AM radio....even the pipe is a last generation in-line Team Magic system.
I would think of it as a Ready To Race, rather than a Ready To Run.

Just got them in haven't had time to puts some track time on it yet.

AFM
Old 08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
I'm just in the process of verifying the compatibilty of parts with the G4, since we also sell it here, before i order parts for it, because we do have stock of G4 parts.
Not only the looks, the car is so well built and optioned (comes with foams included), and beeing an image of the Kyosho V One R-RR, it should be capable of running either Foams or Rubber.
I've never seen a RTR so well equipped, appart from the engine which is a .15 SH, and the AM radio....even the pipe is a last generation in-line Team Magic system.
I would think of it as a Ready To Race, rather than a Ready To Run.

Just got them in haven't had time to puts some track time on it yet.

AFM
AFM:

Keep us posted

BB
Old 08-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Yes I would like to know information too. Thanks AFM.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

The car is very easy to drive. Optional parts installed are just cool. With the included Lola VDS body & special setup, it is faster than many 1/10 gas touring car at the track.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Naturally with that body on it but what's it like with a touring car body and are teh body mounts etc long enough to mount a normal 200mm touring car body.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

The body posts included are suitable for both Lola VDS body & touring car body. Either one is ok.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nickko
The car is very easy to drive. Optional parts installed are just cool. With the included Lola VDS body & special setup, it is faster than many 1/10 gas touring car at the track.
Nickko: Does KFactory / Team Magic plan to keep the car on the market for a while, or did they have a heap of parts left over that they were wanting to get rid of? Don't mean to be rude about it, but i don't think anyone wants to buy something that is not going to have support from the manufacturer!

Also are you able to shed some light onto what parts will be interchangable with the G4?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.