Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE Ken Meyers still around

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Totally pointless. Just submit your reports via ftc.gov site and contact the fbi and local police. You guys just need to keep repeating this.

This guy is beyond a nuissance to the entire community and we need to act quickly and correctly to rid him of his obvious addiction to fraud.

Otherwise he will just resurface again and again.

But one thing Futureal (shane) can do is submit his IP to aol and let them know he is using there systems to perform illegal activities....this should shut him down another way. As well the police themselves can use his ip and time posting to link his account and also track / find and shut him down.

We just need to be smart and not act like we are going to do anything else as its completely pointless and drawing people away from doing the right thing to truly get this guy stopped.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

there is a thread titled I need your help with KENCHOCO from way back it is the same guy and there is a pic of him in the thread that I found. here is the pic I cant believe he is still scamming people. I found this pic in a heli forum back in 03 or 04
Attached Thumbnails BEWARE Ken Meyers still around-kenchoco.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
there is a thread titled I need your help with KENCHOCO from way back it is the same guy and there is a pic of him in the thread that I found. here is the pic I cant believe he is still scamming people. I found this pic in a heli forum back in 03 or 04
hahaha 40 year old virgin with a choad for a dick. Looks like the kinda guy who still lives with his mum....
Old 10-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Why are we digging up a thread from over three years ago and referencing five year old threads , is this dude still around?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Why are we digging up a thread from over three years ago and referencing five year old threads , is this dude still around?
not since i banned his last account
Old 10-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

I wanted to post this on this thread. oops http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...th-meyers.html

yeah he is still around
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am wondering how this piece of trash is still allowed to even own anything r/c. I had an almost run-in with this guy about three years ago. I got lucky because I agreed to me him at their local onroad track (since I driving down to Houston from Dallas on business) and conduct the transaction in person instead of blindly shipping it to him. Of course, he never showed and I was told by a local who was on the forum and saw the posting that it was Ken Meyers. It is dirtybags like this that keep giving the hobby blackeyes. Lets keep working to expose this guy for what he is and try to keep him from ripping off others.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Ken Myers

If this guy is ripping people of, what they need to do is go online and "google" mail fraud. There is a form there to fill out and sense the activity was conducted through the US mail, it is mail fraud.
There are three or four different gov. agencies that will then be involved.
It is a gray area with the local police because they will say the buyer needs to contact their local police, and when you do that, they will say you need to contact the local police where the seller lives. So the police dept will do you no good.
Best bet is to file a claim with the postmaster general under mail fraud.
I filed a mail fraud claim on a bonehead 4 years ago, and even though it took some time, they shut him down for good.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
If this guy is ripping people of, what they need to do is go online and "google" mail fraud.
Just out of curiosity, is it still mail fraud if he only used UPS or FedEx? Just wondering, never had to deal with it.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

its wire fraud
Old 10-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Ken Myers

Just out of curiosity, is it still mail fraud if he only used UPS or FedEx? Just wondering, never had to deal with it.
It does not matter if it is USPS, Fed, UPS it is still mail fraud. There is also a form from the FBI he can fill out under the same claim <mail fraud> Like I was saying, it does not happen overnight, but they can stop him.
When I filed my claim is when I found out that the local police dept can not do anything. Their response was,<what city was the fraud committed> the city where the buyer lives, or the city where the seller lives. I live in So. Cal. and the thief that screwed me lives in Boston. I did not recoup any money, but the satisfacion of knowing that he was stopped was good enough for me.
I also went on every RC web site I could find, notified the moderators, and out of approx. 10 to 12 sites, only one site would not let me post anything negative about him. Just be sure to notify the moderators of what happened, and most of them feel the same way."Whatever they can do to help stop these thiefs"