Community
Wiki Posts
Search

guys with g4 mongoose..need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default guys with g4 mongoose..need help

i purchased the rd logics g4 a month ago. the car is completely done but i kept wondering about a small problem. the car does not move backwards at all. i dont mean by using the radio to move it backwards but only by hand.
the car drives fine in normal conditions but i always wonder why it does not move backwards. it seems like something is locked on the gears, spurs, etc..
i replaced the one way up front with the blue aluminum locked diffs so the front tires also brakes along with the rears.

i've taken the gears, spurs, re-checked them all and i still have that problem. it does not affect my driving at the track at all but it's just weird how the car does not move or feels like it's locked somehow going backwards.

can anyone help me with this? i did read the manual so many times and there was a part where one of the spur gears ( i think the 2nd gear ) has a one-way hub on it. would that be cause of the problem?

to make it short, i cant move both spur gears backwards. it's stuck but it moves freely going forward.

tks for any feedback...
Old 06-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

check your brakes-- i have found that sometimes it will stick when turning the wheels backwards....
Old 06-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

which one you have? left or right? the one on the right is updated one.