Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo gt4 problem. please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow Yokomo gt4 problem. please help!!

sup guys,

i just got my yok gt4 rtr and i have a problem. whenever i start the engine, the tires keep spinning like crazy so i cant put it on the ground because even when im braking with the remote, it still goes forward. afterwards, i feel the engine and its super hot. is there something broken on the car? someone please help. thanks

-paul
Old 01-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

check your throttle linkage. Turn on radio and see if your servos and brakes are working......if it is .....check clutch shoes.....you may have a spring broken or the clutch shoes are damaged.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks tambokgt.

the radio works and the throttle linkage works fine too, so i think imma check the clutch shoes tonight. i wont know if it works til tomorrow cuz its night already. man, this car is giving me so much trouble and im new to this!! maybe i should trade this one for electric. lol. anyways, thanks tambokgt. if i cant figure it out, i'll ask you again. laterz dude
Old 01-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

hmmm. interesting. i just took my car apart and nothings wrong with the clutch shoes and springs. am i missing something here? is there anything else than can be the problem? someone please help.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Turn your radio and car on... don't start the engine. look onto the carby. when no throttle is applied, where is the carby at? Adjust your linkage and idlescrew, so the carb is only open 1 or 2 mm
Old 01-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

my carb when neutral is a few mm open, when braking its a little smaller, and fully open when full throttle. i dont know whats wrong. i'll try it out tomorrow to see. do you guys think that it could be the batteries? sometime my gt4 does some weird stuff when the battery holder is all the way down. it glitches or something. only sometimes though, most of the time its fine. any more ideas people?
Old 01-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

a few mm is a lot for your carb to be open at neutral. Also if it is moving closer when you brake that probably means your trim or your linkage is not adjusted.

The engine is getting hot and the wheels are spinning too fast to put down means the car is engaging. If the clutch is fine then it has to be getting plenty rpm and that means its getting too much fuel at neutral.

Move the carb closed and try starting your engine without the electronics turned on. See what it does, if it still is revving too high adjust the idle screw out, closing the gap. When it is about right adjust your trim and linkage so that they put pressure on the carb enough to keep the opening at that same point when the electronics are on and the throttle is neutral.

hope it helps.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok. i tried starting the engine without the electronics on. it started but the gears keep spinning. its stays on the ground without moving, but keeps trying to move forward, and sometimes it gradually moves forward, but just a few inches. and afterwards, i tried the spit test on my engine because i dont have a temp gun, it bubbled up like crazy so fast. what else could it be? could it still be the clutch shoes and i just didnt see it broken? or what other things can it be? im getting so frustrated with this car! HELP!!
Old 01-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

when you start it up be sure the carb is 1/16 open. Does the engine have a very high idle when its started? If it is your idel is set too high......lower it down...(turn idle screw counterclockwise)
Old 01-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

close the carb by turning your servo to the brake side...look at the carb (take the air filter off)...does it have 1/16 size hole? or 1/16 open?
Old 01-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

sup tambokgt

i just tried it out again. yah the carb opening when the servo is on the brake is 1/16 opened. when neutral, its probably 1/12 open. but anyways, heres the lastest that happened. i started it up and it looked like it was fine. after like 3 minutes of controlling it, i started braking and it was braking very slowly. took a while to brake rather than instantaneously. so i went to look at it and it kept wanting to go forward. i then picked it off the ground while it was still running and it started going fast, probably around 30 mph and the radio was on neutral. i put it on the ground and it stopped going that fast, but still wanted to go forward, probably around 5 mph. what else could be the problem? maybe i didnt check the clutch shoes correctly? im still new to this, so maybe that might be it, but im not sure. is there any other reasons for my car to do this? i do have 2 broken parts on my car, but i dont think it has anything to do with the problem. the radio plate is cracked and the exhaust pipe ( the little one sticking out of the side, not the whole pipe) is gone. does that have anything to do with it? thanks guys
Old 01-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

are your RECEIVER batts charged right?
Old 01-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey, i never thought of that. i'll swap out the batteries. maybe they're used up cuz im just using regular energizer batteries. its too dark out right now and looks like it might be drizzling, so i'll try it out tomorrow. im gonna feel so stupid if the batteries is the problem. lol. i'll try it out tomorrow and get back to you guys. thanks again. laterz
Old 01-09-2003, 12:21 PM
dna
Tech Adept

any luck on your gt-4?
Old 01-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys. the tires arent spinning like crazy no more. it probably was the batteries. lol. but now i noticed the brakes dont work well. seems like the 2 metal parts that squeezes the the fiber brake doesnt move, even when braking or full throttle. man, i didnt think fixing a broken car is so hard. i bought 2 gt4's from this one guy. one is perfectly fine, thats mine. and the other has a few broken parts, the one im fixing now. i want to fix this car ASAP so i can sell it and buy an electric car or hpi micro or just trade the car cuz i dont wanna sell it all broken, im not like some of those people from ebay, ya know? well anyways, enough of my life story. thanks again guys. any help on my car would be helpful. laterz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.