R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Associated or HPI? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/11714-associated-hpi.html)

RoadRat 01-09-2003 03:35 PM

Associated or HPI?

Hi guys, newbie here.

Gotta question....I am about to buy my first on-road nitro. Should I go Team Associated NTC3 or HPI Nitro RS4 3 Type SS?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

TIA

Nakamura 01-09-2003 06:09 PM

AE, period.

NTC3 Racer 01-09-2003 06:23 PM

AE All the way!! Best car in the world.:tire:

Brett 01-09-2003 06:38 PM

ae :nod:

ChrisO 01-09-2003 06:51 PM

yeah AE all the way:D

fastharry™ 01-09-2003 07:44 PM

this isn't HPI staff from the old HPI forum trying to find out if there is ANY chance in the world that ANYONE would prefer the SS over the race engineered,better handling,better quality,better balanced,CHEAPER hop ups(and NONE NEEDED,BTW),easier to work on,2 years of RACE TESTING,and CURRENT IFMAR WORLD CHAMPION TC3 Nitro,.......IS IT????????

and btw,thats my RB turbo,parma bodied TC3 nitro in the picture......and it is the BEST car I own...and I Own 70.....including the HPI SS.........

RoadRat 01-09-2003 08:12 PM

No, I am just trying to find out which car will give me more bang for the buck. I have owned to team associated off-road and loved em, but since I have been out of the game for a while, thought I better check and see if ae has lost any ground. From the sound of the replies thus far, it looks like the answer is no. Guess I am gonna go with the NTC3.

Any thoughts on converting my rc10gt for street use? Would that be hard?

Boomer 01-13-2003 11:40 PM

There IS one benefit to the HPI cars. . .they tend to be extremely durable. Their parts tend to be cheaper (although sometimes harder to find and they come on trees, so you can't always buy single parts. . .).

torchedlh 01-14-2003 12:05 AM

NTC3. if you try to hop up the SS to the features the NTC3 has, you'll spend over $300 and it still won't out perform a ntc3.

Boomer 01-14-2003 09:21 AM

Originally posted by RoadRat
No, I am just trying to find out which car will give me more bang for the buck. I have owned to team associated off-road and loved em, but since I have been out of the game for a while, thought I better check and see if ae has lost any ground. From the sound of the replies thus far, it looks like the answer is no. Guess I am gonna go with the NTC3.

Any thoughts on converting my rc10gt for street use? Would that be hard?

Yes, the problems with an off-road car going on-road all have to do with the different needs of off-road versus on-road.

Off-road are designed with a ton of kickup in the front, on-road has little or none.
Off-road is designed with a lot of travel, on-road has very little.
Off-road doesn't measure droop, on-road does.
Off-road has SOFT suspension, on-road has HARD (comparatively) (heh heh, he said HARD. . .heh )

Etc. :D You'll be happier with a real on-road car for on-road and a real off-road car for off-road. . .